Professional Web Design & Development

Need help with a project? We provide custom design and development services including WordPress & Drupal CMS, Magento Commerce Solutions and Mobile application development.

Request Quote

6 Money Management Software For Personal Finance (Freelancer’s Special)

Being a freelancer is not easy and more so in these troubled times of worldwide recession. It is time that we tighten our budgets and start putting checks on our expenses and start managing our money more seriously. We thought it’d be a great idea to showcase certain web services and softwares to manage money. Some people like me just hate to manage their personal finance and thus get themselves under debt by making certain bad decisions or investments.

Lets take a look at some of the softwares or the money managers which will help you to manage your personal finance and make more sense of your expenses.

Microsoft Money is a Microsoft’s personal finance proprietary software which was first introduced back in 1991. It can be used to keep record of loans, mortgages, investments, credit cards, savings and your day to day bank accounts. It can also integrate with your bank online and process the transactions which can be reflected in it. The integration of banks is only supported in USA although Microsoft introduced localized versions in the markets like Brazil, Germany, Italy and France which have been discontinued. Windows only.

Quicken Intuit is another personal finance management tool which lets you track about your expenses. Quicken Intuit is available in many variants each targeting a certain demand of users. It also happens to have an online solution which is free and mainly targeted at newly financially independent individuals to meet their basic personal finance needs. Quicken Starter Edition is the paid version which do for most people.

iBank is a Mac based application to manage personal finance and it offers some really good features like iSight integration which allows yo to snap a photo with your camera or webcam (or take any image or PDF file) and attach it to a transaction for a visual record of your purchase. It shows beautiful graphs while you may also set up financial goals.

MoneyDance is a money manager available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Some of the better features of MoneyDance are check printing, flexible graphing and reporting, scheduled transaction reminders, transaction tags, VAT/GST tracking, budget management and tracking, file encryption and investment portfolio management. It can generate intuitive graphs for Budget, Missing Checks, Net Worth, Account Balances, Cash Flow, Transactions, Cost Basis, Income vs. Expenses, and VAT/GST. Worth a try.

Mint is a free web service which helps you track your transactions across various banks and brings all your transactions and stock trades etc. You will have to share your account details in order to start and some people might not be very comfortable with this. It is a free service and they also show your transaction history in intuitive graphs.

GnuCash

GnuCash is an open source cross platform application which was actually made to parallel the capabilities of Quicken Intuit. It has some nice  features which include double entry accounting, managing Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts and Small-Business Accounting etc.

You might also like:

  1. 15 Free Open Source Content Management Systems
  2. 10 Free Screencast Software To Make Video Tutorials
  3. WordPress plugins For Page Management
  4. Most Popular Open Source Content Management Systems
  5. VoIP Software and Phone Services for Business

Tags: , ,

5 Comments

  1. Good software, what the prices have discount?

  2. Great post, the tools you have suggested are excellent and can provide as a great resource for people to help them track money.

    I would like to introduce you to another money management tool called BudgetPulse. We have a site redesign coming out soon that will dazzle. If you would like more information on our next release I would be more than glad to help.

  3. George

    Fortora Fresh Finance is another great personal finance manager. It’s very easy to use, and it’s available for both Mac and Windows. http://www.fortora.com

  4. I recommend PocketSmith (www.pocketsmith.com), a simple-to-use, intuitive budgeting and cashflow forecasting application that uses a calendar for more natural interaction. Think about the future – not the past – and clearly illustrates the impact of your financial decisions!

  5. matt

    I like heaps! for my budgets. Plus its all free and updates to all of my online accounts. :)

    http://www.heaps.co.nz

Leave a Reply