Reported By: gbatyan at hotmail dot com
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: All
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

PHP 4.3.x has debug_backtrace().
Knock yourselves out :)

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-11 18:16:46] nleippe at integr8ted dot com

I would like to suggest both a __CALLSTACK__ constant as well as a
$_CALLSTACK[] magic array (or equivalants).
And, if not obvious, include()/require() should definitely be
considered
functions...

[2001-08-08 08:21:49] gbatyan at hotmail dot com

PHP does not have "stack trace" facilities a la Java

Yes, I DO regard it as a bug, please fix it.

Without this very simple feature it is a Nightmare to develop a site
with many shared files with complicated logic.

Debugger in many cases will not do since you will have to reproduce the
error first, and this is not a convenient way.

It would be nice to have a feature of showing the stack trace in all
php error messages, plus a possibility to write a copy of all occured
errors to a logfile, plus a possibility to render the current stack
trace by a function call (for personal logging, error tracing,
whatever).

Please apologise me for roughness, wrong address, or whatever. I got
really ANGRY after sitting several hours on finding several idiotic
bugs in my sites because the lack of this feature.

Best Regards...

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=12649&edit=1[/url]