Professional Web Applications Themes

#14822 [Com]: Premature end of script headers: C:/php/php.exe - PHP Development

ID: 14822 Comment by: kurt at k2host dot net Reported By: b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro Status: Closed Bug Type: Apache2 related Operating System: windows xp professional PHP Version: 4.1.0 New Comment: I had this same problem, interestingly enough, I copied all of the files in the "dlls" directory to the "php" directory (same directory as php.exe) and now it works perfectly. Kurt Previous Comments: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [2003-03-19 08:45:28] homeuser at home dot com i got the same error Premature end of script headers: c:/php/php.exe when setting up name-based virtual hosting on apache, i managed to get around this ...

  1. #1

    Default #14822 [Com]: Premature end of script headers: C:/php/php.exe

    ID: 14822
    Comment by: kurt at k2host dot net
    Reported By: b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro
    Bug Type: Apache2 related
    Operating System: windows xp professional
    PHP Version: 4.1.0
    New Comment:

    I had this same problem, interestingly enough, I copied all of the
    files in the "dlls" directory to the "php" directory (same directory as
    php.exe) and now it works perfectly.

    Kurt

    Previous Comments:

    [2003-03-19 08:45:28] homeuser at home dot com

    i got the same error

    Premature end of script headers: c:/php/php.exe

    when setting up name-based virtual hosting on apache, i managed to get
    around this error by commeting out

    doc_root = "..........."

    ;doc_root = "..........."

    in php.ini.

    hope this helps!!!

    [2003-03-06 20:54:13] yeo at inst dot ne dot jp

    If you working apache, PHP on Windows,
    Compare "doc_root" in your php.ini to "DoentRoot" in httpd.conf.

    I hope this helps

    [2003-02-27 04:26:19] msannoyme at msn dot com

    having the same problem using

    winxp pro full service packs installed
    apache 1.3.14
    PHP Version 4.2.4-dev
    -- phpinfo info --
    System Windows NT 5.1 build 2600
    Build Date Nov 1 2002 18:13:11
    Server API CGI
    Virtual Directory Support enabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS\php.ini
    Debug Build no
    Thread Safety enabled

    On my system the error appears every page if I use /php/php-cli.exe but
    with /php/php.exe it works fine except for a group of users.

    I am writting a system that allows the sys admin to create a list of
    users and asign them to groups within the system.

    now if user Beaker (taken from the muppets) logs in as an author and
    goes to the author page and is a member of the group Author I get the
    error. but if I make beaker a member of the administrator group it
    works fine. difference between groups is basic admin grp = id 1, author
    grp = id 2

    I'll look for fixes here do not email me the above email address
    deletes all mail automatically unless in my contacts. You will not get
    a response from above email address

    [2002-12-21 06:47:49] a_sohi at hotmail dot com

    Hi all,

    Support folks, please take note. This issue is not exclusive to Apache
    2. Im running

    WinXP Pro (no service packs)
    PHP4.2.3
    Apache 1.3.27

    And receive the same error in error.log

    "Premature end of script headers:
    e:/applications/servers/php-4.2.3-win32/php.exe"

    Evidently Im using the PHP binary rather than the apache module.

    For the record, I've tried changing the httpd.conf and replacing the
    line:

    "Action application/x-httpd-php /php/php.exe"

    with

    "Action application/x-httpd-php /php/php-cli.exe"

    but no success.

    Id rather not downgrade down to Windows 2000 but without a swift
    resolution, this may well be the only option.

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Cheers.

    Pete.

    [2002-12-02 11:36:20] phil at caint dot com

    I had this problem as well on XP. I changed the line
    Action application/x-httpd-php /php/php.exe
    Action application/x-httpd-php /php/php-cgi.exe
    in httpd.conf and this seemed to work. I don't know why.

    Hope this helps.

    [url]http://bugs.php.net/14822[/url]

    --
    Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=14822&edit=1[/url]

    kurt at k2host dot net Guest

  2. #2

    ID: 14822
    Comment by: runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de
    Reported By: b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro
    Bug Type: Apache2 related
    Operating System: windows xp professional
    PHP Version: 4.1.0
    New Comment:

    I've a quite interesting case, that matches yours a bit :) - Hope this
    helps us a little.

    I'm running Apache 2 under WinXP-home.
    I used php4.2.3 for a long time. It ran very stable!
    A few weeks ago I changed to php4.3.2 (not recommended I know) and
    still everything works perfectly.

    I just added the new beta of php5.0.0, adjusted the php.ini and tried
    to connect the php5-pr to *.php5-Files. And guess what:
    "Premature end of script headers: php.exe"

    php4 still worked fine!

    I tried lots of combinations for file, mime and pr-assignments.

    It seems to be impossible to run php5 under the same conditions as php4
    using Apache2 under WinXP-home.

    I will now compare both php.ini's line per line...

    brb... or later ;)

    RuntimeTerror

    Previous Comments:

    [2003-08-16 22:20:15] kurt at k2host dot net

    runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de Guest

  3. #3

    ID: 14822
    Comment by: hotshareware at yahoo dot com
    Reported By: b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro
    Bug Type: Apache2 related
    Operating System: windows xp professional
    PHP Version: 4.1.0
    New Comment:

    I had the same problem,
    "Premature end of script headers: php.exe".

    I use Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) Server.

    Any help?

    Thanks in advance.

    Previous Comments:

[...]

    [2002-04-06 11:09:22] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

    You need latest CVS versions of both PHP and Apache2 for it
    to work. And Apache2 is still beta and a moving target, so
    it's not really possible to have stable releases of it.

    [2002-01-03 05:43:15] b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro

    Error description:
    Many php scripts that works good with apache2 and php 4.0.6 doesn't
    work now with apache2 and 4.1.0.

    Error:
    Server error!
    Premature end of script headers: C:/php/php.exe
    If you think this is a server error, please contact the Webmaster
    Error 500
    bogdanp.atn.ro
    01/03/02 12:39:08
    Apache/2.0.28 (Win32)

    I don't know what's the problem, and I think that its usefull for you
    to know about this bug.
    Thank you.
    Sincerly,
    Bogdan Parcalab

    Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=14822&edit=1[/url]
    hotshareware at yahoo dot com Guest

  4. #4

    ID: 14822
    Comment by: hotshareware at yahoo dot com
    Reported By: b dot parcalab at atlastelecom dot ro
    Bug Type: Apache2 related
    Operating System: windows xp professional
    PHP Version: 4.1.0
    New Comment:

    I had the same error.
    I am using Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) Server.

    It worked well, until yesterday this error occured.

    Any help?

    Previous Comments:

    [2003-11-02 20:22:06] hotshareware at yahoo dot com

    I had the same problem,