ID: 19822
Comment by: shovey at frontiernet dot net
Reported By: logico at avantel dot net
Bug Type: IIS related
Operating System: Windows 2000 Server SP3
PHP Version: 4.2.3
New Comment:

I am getting the same exact problem.
I am running a Nuke 6.5 powered site and any time the php performs the
mail function I get the same exact error about LF.

I used that sample code for mail.php both ways........in original
format and then modified it for \r\n and it worked perfectly after
replacing the \n with \r\n.

How can I easily fix this issue without editing the source for all of
my nuke web site just so sendmail works?

By the way, I am running a web site on my local computer and have no
domain registered. I am on a dynamic IP. So if you e-mail me on the day
you want to check out my error, I will reply back with the current ip
address to connect to.

Thank you in advance,
Steve

Previous Comments:

[2002-10-26 01:00:09] php-bugs at lists dot php dot net

No feedback was provided for this bug for over 2 weeks, so it is
being suspended automatically. If you are able to provide the
information that was originally requested, please do so and change
the status of the bug back to "Open".

[2002-10-10 10:39:14] [email]mfischerphp.net[/email]

You are using "\n" instead of "\r\n".

The page [url]http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html[/url] exactly describes this
issue.

One thing which bothers me is that actually PHPs sendmail code should
take care of this issue.

Can you post an url pointing to the minimal sourcecode you're trying to
send?

Also which SMTP are you using (can I use it for testing too) ?

[2002-10-10 10:33:40] logico at avantel dot net

Thank you! using the snap shot actually helped me out a little bit,
right now I know the problem:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 451 See
[url]http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html[/url]. in D:\Web\phpcollab\mail.php on
line 3

But now I need to know how to solve it!, I've been using PHP for a
while and this is the first this happens to me, so I suppose that is a
Win2k SP3 IIS problem.

Thank you in advance!

[2002-10-10 02:36:36] [email]mfischerphp.net[/email]

Please try using this CVS snapshot:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/php4-latest.tar.gz[/url]

For Windows:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/win32/php4-win32-latest.zip[/url]

The latest NON-STABLE snapshot contains a more improved error handling
so instead of the useless "server error" you will get the real error
message from the server.

Looking briefly at your line I think you're either missing an SMTP
directive or the "sendmail_from" directive which both are required for
Win32.

[2002-10-08 17:22:22] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

Are you sure your php.ini file is read by PHP?
Check from the phpinfo() output to what value SMTP is set.

[url]http://bugs.php.net/19822[/url]

--
Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=19822&edit=1[/url]