Hi Thomas,

In article <090920031611067972%thomasareeddont.spam.me>, Thomas Reed
<thomasareeddont.spam.me> wrote:
> I keep hearing people talk about how 2.4 GHz phones interfere with
> wireless networks. How? I ask because I have a 2.4 GHz phone and a
> wireless network, and have never noticed any interference, even though
> the phone base station is almost directly on the line between where the
> AirPort base station is and where I usually use my laptop. My network
> always works, even when someone's on the phone at the same time. It's
> more reliable than the cable connection it's hooked up to!
I think it has something to do with the channel that the phone and/or
base station is using. When I first upgraded my home network to use
airport extreme instead of regular airport, i immediately noticed a
problem where if someone was actively using our home telephone it would
disrupt the communications with the base station. I went into the
airport admin utility and told the base station to use a different
channel and the problem immediately went away.

--gordon