Professional Web Applications Themes

2 seconds of video w/ no sound - Macromedia Flash Player

When I try to play a flash video, only the first 2 seconds will play with video, but no sound, and if I scroll to another spot in the video it does the same thing. I've tried using firefox and IE, but both show the same problem. When I restart my computer, I can watch flash videos normally for a while, but then at a random time, often while I'm watching a video, it'll suddenly stop working. Usually it will only work for a few minutes, sometimes less than 30 seconds... I've tried uninstalling/ reinstalling many times, but it never ...

  1. #1

    Default 2 seconds of video w/ no sound

    When I try to play a flash video, only the first 2 seconds will play with
    video, but no sound, and if I scroll to another spot in the video it does the
    same thing. I've tried using firefox and IE, but both show the same problem.
    When I restart my computer, I can watch flash videos normally for a while, but
    then at a random time, often while I'm watching a video, it'll suddenly stop
    working. Usually it will only work for a few minutes, sometimes less than 30
    seconds...

    I've tried uninstalling/ reinstalling many times, but it never works. I'm
    annoyed b/c I have had this problem for over a year, and most videos on the
    internet use flash ): Any ideas to fix this, or if there are any flash player
    alternatives I'm completely open to suggestions.

    mello_jello Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 2 seconds of video w/ no sound

    I'm having this exact same problem. Both Firefox & IE. I'm going to try Opera to see if that's the same too. If anyone knows whats causing this it would be a great help.

    Fran_O Guest

  3. #3

    I decided to try Opera also, but I still have the same problem. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    mello_jello Guest

  4. #4

    I searched the forums, and I found this post:
    [q]Originally posted by: BilalM
    Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as
    reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry
    editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that,
    in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till
    you reach

    My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

    And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value,
    enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

    Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would
    work fine now.

    Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

    Have a nice day!

    [/q]

    I had wavemapper, but not the other one, and I DID need to restart (possibly
    b/c I'm running windows 2000?). Seems to be working so far, so hopefully it
    doesn't do another random stop.

    mello_jello Guest

  5. #5

    Wow - in a way I'm glad to see others are having the exact same problem I am -
    means it's not something I did or ed up my computer. I'll use YouTubes as
    my example to explain what's wrong but it happens on all video sites. When
    starting a video it works great - get the video and sound - but only for a
    short while....video just disappears but sound keeps playing. YouTube told me
    to uninstall Flash and reinstall it -(gave me the Flash install/uninstall
    instructions) It worked as advertised - but the problem persist. When I go
    back to check the status of Flash it comes up as not installed. I'm searching
    the web to find a fix - so far no luck...but this the first site saying others
    have the same problem - and it only just started as a problem a week
    ago.:disgust;

    ehumphreys Guest