ID: 24578
Updated by: [email]sniperphp.net[/email]
Reported By: daniel dot goss at t-systems dot com
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating System: RedHat 8.0, 7.3
PHP Version: 4.3.2
New Comment:

This won't be "fixed". Just don't do this.

Previous Comments:

[2003-07-11 03:07:45] daniel dot goss at t-systems dot com

We've investigates the "second issue" and have reported it under Bug
#24581.

[2003-07-11 02:56:31] bharat at menalto dot com

Here's a very simple test case to reproduce this bug:

<?php
function crash($data) {
crash(1);
}

crash(1);
?>

[2003-07-10 03:34:13] daniel dot goss at t-systems dot com

------------
I know this bug has been reported as "Bug #18909: Stack overflow error"
but I think this should be fixed and not treated as bogus like in bug
#18909.
Scripting engines should _never_ segfault!

A stack overflow in a recursive php-function leads the php-engine to a
segmentation fault.

There is a second issue that could be in associated with this one. If a
function is called very often (sometimes recoursive - depth not greater
than 20) php crashes too. We've not investigated this issue further
enough to write a script to reproduce this behaviour.

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?
function MyTest($A, $B, $C, $D, $E, $F, $G)
{
for ($k=0; $k<100; $k++)
{
echo "|".$A++."|<BR>";
flush();
MyTest($A, "", "", "", "", "", "");
}
}

?>

Expected result:
A php error complaining about a stack overflow.

Actual result:
[notice] child pid 29029 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=24578&edit=1[/url]