ID: 24660
Updated by: [email]derickphp.net[/email]
Reported By: shovey at frontiernet dot net
Bug Type: Mail related
Operating System: Windows XP Home
PHP Version: 4CVS-2003-07-15 (stable)
New Comment:

Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself. For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit [url]http://www.php.net/support.php[/url] as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

Check this with the Nuke people, it's not our problem.

Previous Comments:

[2003-07-15 04:29:38] shovey at frontiernet dot net

------------
I am getting the same exact problem.
I am running a Nuke 6.5 powered site and any time the php performs the
mail function I get the same exact error about LF.

I used that sample code for mail.php both ways........in original
format
and then modified it for \r\n and it worked perfectly after replacing
the \n with \r\n.

I know that you have told people several times to use \r\n but the
entire PHP nuke 6.5 code is written with only \n whenever the mail
function is used.

How can I easily fix this issue without editing the source for all of
my
nuke web site just so sendmail works?

By the way, I am running a web site on my local computer and have no
domain registered. I am on a dynamic IP. So if you e-mail me on the
day
you want to check out my error, I will reply back with the current ip
address to connect to.

Thank you in advance,
Steve

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?php

mail ("shoveyfrontiernet.net", "My subject", "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine
3");

?>

Expected result:
I expect The e-mail to be sent to the address on the mail line in the
above code.

Actual result:
Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 451 See
[url]http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html[/url]. in e:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\mail.php on line 3

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=24660&edit=1[/url]