From: jon at picresource dot com
Operating system: Linux
PHP version: 4.3.2
PHP Bug Type: Output Control
Bug description: Session causing incorrect page rendering.

------------
A few weeks ago my ISP upgraded the version of PHP on my hosted system
without my knowledge or consent. (New version 4.2.3) They informed me of
the change after the upgrade was complete.

Since this upgrade I have been experiancing a problem that I can only
describe as "web sites being rendered improperly".

I believe the problem is related to sessions or cookies. My site uses a
cookie to track the user's session, (ie, no phpmysessionid in URL) I also
store a user's ID in the cookie that I use to gather data that is then
stored in their session.

If an anonymous user (ie, no local cookie) surfs to the site the problem
does not show, if a regular user (ie. cookie saved in the past) surfs to
the site the problem occurs. If that user reloads the page the problem is
gone, if the user reloads after the session has expired the problem occurs
again (sometimes sooner).

The problem shows up as web page contents being placed on the page in
incorrect locations. Usually a block of text will be dropped at the top
of the page, also blocks of text (and html tags) will be moved from one
location to another. You can imagine how this causes problems on my site.
I have also noted that when the problem occures PHP is inserting
"phpmysessionid" into URLs within the page.

Nothing has changed but the version of PHP.

My ISP does not have a clue as to what is going on and is basicly
ignorning my attempts to get help. I have attempted to search for bugs
on this site but as I have a tough time describing the problem I also have
a tough time searching for it.

Any help?

--
Edit bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25098&edit=1[/url]