ID: 25103
Updated by: [email]derickphp.net[/email]
Reported By: tony at tonybibbs dot com
Bug Type: Reproducible crash
Operating System: Linux (RedHat)
PHP Version: 4.3.2
New Comment:

Please try using this CVS snapshot:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/php4-STABLE-latest.tar.gz[/url]

For Windows:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/win32/php4-win32-STABLE-latest.zip[/url]

Previous Comments:

[2003-08-15 18:37:10] tony at tonybibbs dot com

------------
I have a custom php session handler that interacts with a database via
PEAR::DB. I have set session.save_handler to user. I have test this
using both MySQL and MS SQL Server 2000 on the backend. Running this
code can kill one of the Apache process consistently. The short
version of what I am doing is I authenticate my app, stick a user
object in the session using $_SESSION['user'] = &$userObj; Then later I
try to get that object out of the session by using $userObj =
&$_SESSION['user'].

To get code that reproduces this go here:

[url]http://www.tonybibbs.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=5[/url]

Reproduce code:
[url]http://www.tonybibbs.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=5[/url]

Expected result:
I would expect that on page 2 I would get an instance of the object out
of the session Ok.

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25103&edit=1[/url]