ID: 25436
Updated by: [email]iliaaphp.net[/email]
Reported By: guntis at baznica dot lv
Bug Type: *Languages/Translation
Operating System: WinXP
PHP Version: 4.3.3
New Comment:

Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself. For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit [url]http://www.php.net/support.php[/url] as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

Browser issue.

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-08 13:44:46] guntis at baznica dot lv

------------
I had Apache 1.3 - it worked perfectly with all languages I needed to
work with. Now I installed Apache 2, made necessary changes in
httpd.conf - but I couldn't get Latvian language (Windws-1257 code
page) working properly, unless I added AddDefaultCht WINDOWS-1257.
BUT - as soon as I did it, all Russian pages are also encoded by this
CodePage. It doesn't matter that AutoSelect is active in IE6
View-->Encoding settings and page has embedded tag <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; cht=windows-1251">.
Cht is Baltic (Windows). If I select Cyrillic (Windows), page is
reloaded correctly. But again - only until the next page or refresh,
and again everything is back to Baltic (Windows).
Why Cht which is set in HTML page is ignored???

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25436&edit=1[/url]