ID: 25454
Updated by: [email]magnusphp.net[/email]
Reported By: rolli at aum dot unibe dot ch
Bug Type: LDAP related
Operating System: Linux-2.4
PHP Version: 4.3.3
New Comment:

Not a bug => Bogus

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-11 02:33:56] rolli at aum dot unibe dot ch

I have to apologize for this bug report.
Everything is fine with PHP and ext/ldap and ext/cyrus.

Sniper, you're right. The Problem was elsewhere. After diving deeper I
realized that the sysadmin of the ldap-server has changed the
certificates one day before I restarted with the project.
Actually, with the binaries I got this:

ldap_start_tls: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
additional info: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE

The certifactes are signed by selfsigned CA-Cert. So I fetched the
CA-Cert and put it in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf. Now everything works
again.

But I'm wondering cause on the other server there is a 2.0.x
OpenLDAP-Client and this one doesn't complain about the cert.

Anyway the correct place for my problem would have been the mailing
list. Sorry again. I closed the bug.

Regards
Michael

[2003-09-10 09:08:09] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

So do the openldap binaries work or not???
I'm pretty sure this is not PHP bug at all as I could not
reproduce this.

[2003-09-10 03:45:36] rolli at aum dot unibe dot ch

Actually it's an SuSE 8.2. All installed software packages are original
SuSE rpms. The only thing I compile for myself is PHP and the related
packages like pdflib, mnogosearch, imagick.

[2003-09-09 15:35:56] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

I tested your script and for me it just hangs in 'Binding..'.
No assert error here. Did you recompile openldap after upgrading
cyrus-sasl?

[2003-09-09 13:15:12] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

Nevermind the last comment, ldap_initialize() is just undoented..had
to read openldap sources a bit. :)

[url]http://bugs.php.net/25454[/url]

--
Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25454&edit=1[/url]