ID: 25484
User updated by: nick at itomic dot com
Reported By: nick at itomic dot com
Bug Type: Zend Engine 2 problem
Operating System: Redhat 9
PHP Version: 4.3.2
New Comment:

sorry the third paragraph should read:

I can see the situation where an object needs to be passed a reference
to an object, _not_ a copy of an object(i.e. when dealing with
obbject trees, or lists).

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-11 04:20:23] nick at itomic dot com

------------
when a class function accepts a reference parameter & stores that
reference in the object, if that parameter passed in is created &
recreated inside a loop, then the reference that the class points to
changes to the last value of the parameter in the loop.

This is confusing behavious, but it is not necessary buggy behavious no
PHP's behalf, maybe it just requires better doentation.

I can see the situation where an object needs to be passed a reference
to an object, _not_ a copy of a reference (i.e. when dealing with
obbject trees, or lists).

In the below example this may differ from when I am passing in some
pre-existing variable (i.e. a variable returned from a class iterator),
rather than a variable that is created in the loop

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?php
// plz note this is pseudo code

$res = mysql_query(...);

// this part of the code has been tested

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res))
{
$foos[] =& new foo($row);
}