ID: 25485
User updated by: runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de
Reported By: runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de
Bug Type: Apache2 related
Operating System: WinXP-home
PHP Version: 5.0.0b1 (beta1)
New Comment:

I solved the problem for my case:

Starting php.exe via console showed a "missing iconv.dll"-error.

I still dunno why, but moving this file beside the php.exe solved the
problem.

I'm now able to run PHP4.3.3 and PHP5.0.0b

--------
I know that betas aren't stable versions, but I thought someone should
know about those problems to be able to correct them ;)

Are those CVS-snapshots available in a precompiled version for Windows?
I don't know a lot about doing this by myself, but I will keep on
trying ;)

thanks anyway

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-11 11:38:12] [email]sniperphp.net[/email]

That's what happens with betas. Try the latest CVS snapshot and you'll
see it works fine. (CLI != CGI, btw)

[2003-09-11 05:07:28] runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de

------------
Even if this topic is been discussed a lot, I think I found a reason to
ensure, it's an error of php rather than Apache. Maybe I'm wrong.

here we go:

I'm using Apache2 for at least one year, hosting MySQL and various
php-Versions.
The following Versions are (still) working fine:
4.2.3
4.3.2
4.3.3
When I installed php5.0.0b, every time I try to view a script's result,
I get the "Premature end of script headers"-error logged in the
Apache2-files and the browser output "Internal Server Error 500".

I was able to run any combination of php4.x.x at the same time(!)
differed by the script-file's suffix, but none of the combinations
seemed to work with php5.0.0
I compared all four php.ini versions line per line, but nothing
helped.

So I assume there's a difference between php5.0.0b and php4.x.x which
causes the error, rather than an error in apache.

Please let me know, which informations you might need to figure out,
what's wrong, and where.

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?
phpinfo();
?>

Expected result:
Configuration-report

Actual result:
Internal Server Error 500
Apache-Error-Log: "[error] Premature end of script headers: php.exe"

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25485&edit=1[/url]