From: runtimeterror at kaiundina dot de
Operating system: WinXP-home
PHP version: 5.0.0b1 (beta1)
PHP Bug Type: Apache2 related
Bug description: Premature end of script headers: php.exe

------------
Even if this topic is been discussed a lot, I think I found a reason to
ensure, it's an error of php rather than Apache. Maybe I'm wrong.

here we go:

I'm using Apache2 for at least one year, hosting MySQL and various
php-Versions.
The following Versions are (still) working fine:
4.2.3
4.3.2
4.3.3
When I installed php5.0.0b, every time I try to view a script's result, I
get the "Premature end of script headers"-error logged in the
Apache2-files and the browser output "Internal Server Error 500".

I was able to run any combination of php4.x.x at the same time(!) differed
by the script-file's suffix, but none of the combinations seemed to work
with php5.0.0
I compared all four php.ini versions line per line, but nothing helped.

So I assume there's a difference between php5.0.0b and php4.x.x which
causes the error, rather than an error in apache.

Please let me know, which informations you might need to figure out,
what's wrong, and where.

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?
phpinfo();
?>

Expected result:
----------------
Configuration-report

Actual result:
--------------
Internal Server Error 500
Apache-Error-Log: "[error] Premature end of script headers: php.exe"

--
Edit bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25485&edit=1[/url]
--
Try a CVS snapshot (php4): [url]http://bugs.php.net/fix.php?id=25485&r=trysnapshot4[/url]