ID: 25503
Updated by: [email]wezphp.net[/email]
Reported By: o_gangrel at hotmail dot com
Bug Type: SQLite related
Operating System: Windows 98
PHP Version: 5.0.0b1 (beta1)
New Comment:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, but this is not
a bug. Please double-check the doentation available at
[url]http://www.php.net/manual/[/url] and the instructions on how to report
a bug at [url]http://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php[/url]

You gave a function the wrong arguments; PHP will return NULL in this
case.
So this is not a bug in PHP, but in your script for not checking error
returns correctly.

Previous Comments:

[2003-09-11 19:08:39] o_gangrel at hotmail dot com

------------
I am using the configuration Apache/2.0.43 (Win32) PHP/5.0.0b1 with PHP
as a module of Apache.

When I make a query on a SQLite database with a not valid SQL query,
the the sqlite_query() produces an Warning, that's ok. But when the
script continues the SQLite_fetch_array() returns a NULL and it is
expected to return a FALSE.
The Warning message produced by the SQLite_fetch_array() is right, but
the return value is not expected.

I found solutions to not hapen this erro, but this is not expected.
And I'm sorry, I didn't tested the CVS version and other vertion of the
Apache.

Reproduce code:
---------------
$query1 = "SELECT * FROM sqlite_master";
$query2 = "foobar";
$db_file = "test.db";

$sqlite_connection = sqlite_open($db_file, 0666, $sqlite_error);
if($sqlite_connection === false) {
die($sqlite_error);
}

$result = sqlite_query($sqlite_connection, $query1);
echo var_dump(sqlite_fetch_array($result, SQLITE_BOTH))."\n";

$result = sqlite_query($sqlite_connection, $query2);
echo var_dump(sqlite_fetch_array($result, SQLITE_BOTH))."\n";

sqlite_close($sqlite_connection);

Expected result:
----------------
array(10) {
[0]=>
string(5) "table"
["type"]=>
string(5) "table"
[1]=>
string(4) "test"
["name"]=>
string(4) "test"
[2]=>
string(4) "test"
["tbl_name"]=>
string(4) "test"
[3]=>
string(1) "3"
["rootpage"]=>
string(1) "3"
[4]=>
string(24) "CREATE TABLE test (test)"
["sql"]=>
string(24) "CREATE TABLE test (test)"
}

bool(false)

Actual result:
--------------
array(10) {
[0]=>
string(5) "table"
["type"]=>
string(5) "table"
[1]=>
string(4) "test"
["name"]=>
string(4) "test"
[2]=>
string(4) "test"
["tbl_name"]=>
string(4) "test"
[3]=>
string(1) "3"
["rootpage"]=>
string(1) "3"
[4]=>
string(24) "CREATE TABLE test (test)"
["sql"]=>
string(24) "CREATE TABLE test (test)"
}

Warning: sqlite_query(): near "foobar": syntax error in
D:\internet\pages\sqlite\bugscript.php on line 16

Warning: sqlite_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource,
boolean given in D:\internet\pages\sqlite\bugscript.php on line 17

NULL

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25503&edit=1[/url]