ID: 25558
Updated by: [email]sniperphp.net[/email]
Reported By: dsherron at nbc dot edu
Bug Type: dBase related
Operating System: Win 2003
PHP Version: 4.3.3
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To: vlad
New Comment:

Assigned to Vlad who's responsible for adding this check.

Previous Comments:

[2003-10-01 08:54:42] clynx at succont dot de

Could anyone who has the possibility to compile PHP under Windows
create a php_dbase.dll for 4.3.3 without the Version check and upload
it to anywhere?

It would be absolutely nice ;o)

[2003-09-22 13:24:57] dsherron at nbc dot edu

I'm sure stripping out the code would work for me as well, but since
I'm on Windows I depend on the binaries that are posted. Right now I
have backed up to 4.2.3 so I can still use my tables, but we don't want
to be left in the past as far as versions go!!!

[2003-09-22 10:25:08] martijn at hexon dot cx

We're experiencing the same problem on Linux 2.4.21.
Our Dbase files are created with the Halcyon component
for Delphi ([url]www.grifsolu.com[/url]) and don't have any memo
fields.

The error here is: "Warning: This file appears to be
dbase ver. -125. Only version 3 and above is
supported."
So that's -125 instead of -117.

I stripped out the version checking and everything
works just fine.

[2003-09-16 10:27:47] dsherron at nbc dot edu

As seen in Version 4.3.3 Changelog:

Fixed bug 23463 (added Dbase2 version check). (Vlad Krupin)

We are reading from many dbase files, all version 3, and one of them
has a memo field. Prior to version 4.3.2, all of these tables were
readable, but with the addition of the version check on 4.3.3, I now
recieve the following error when opening the v3 file with memo fields: