ID: 25782
Updated by: [email]sniperphp.net[/email]
Reported By: akinder at technology-x dot com
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: Linux RedHat 9
PHP Version: 5.0.0b1 (beta1)
New Comment:

Please try using this CVS snapshot:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/php5-latest.tar.gz[/url]

For Windows:

[url]http://snaps.php.net/win32/php5-win32-latest.zip[/url]

And if this happens with latest CVS snapshot, please provide
GDB backtrace of the crash.

Previous Comments:

[2003-10-07 20:30:49] akinder at technology-x dot com

------------
When developing, I normally require or include all necessary files in
one file top level, so that each script can require just one single
file.
Normally this works fine, but starting last night, I found that if I
store all these includes/requires in my typical "require.php" file and
require it from my index.php, it crashes Apache. If I delete the
require.php from the directory, it works fine. Also, if I rename the
file to something like "global_includes.php" it works fine. It only
crashes if I put "require( 'require.php' );"

My other projects that use require.php still work fine, its just this
one (under directory /whi7/).

Also of note, regardless to what file I require within my index.php, as
long as require.php exists in the directory, it crashes Apache. httpd
-l shows mod_php5

Reproduce code:
---------------
require.php:
<?php
require( 'openwhi/smaAPI.php' );

$api = new smaAPI();

?>

index.php:

<?php
require( 'require.php' );
//rest of page
?>

Expected result:
It should just require the require.php file and work like normal, just
like the other projects.

Actual result:
The browser hangs, then stops loading the requested doent and just
sits on the one already open. Apache's error_log shows:

[Tue Oct 7 20:38:29 2003] [notice] child pid 2858 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25782&edit=1[/url]