ID: 25886
Updated by: [email]sniperphp.net[/email]
Reported By: padair at pntsi dot ca
Bug Type: *General Issues
Operating System: Solaris 8
PHP Version: 4.3.3
New Comment:

If your OS runs out of file descriptors, of course it will error out.
And as you failed to give us a short example script, bogus.

Previous Comments:

[2003-10-16 00:10:22] padair at pntsi dot ca

------------
I am getting a "failed to open stream: Too many open files in Unknown
on line 0" error message.

I check similar bug reports but none seemed to apply. I already am
running 4.3.3 where this error was supposed to be fixed.

My config is Solaris 8, Apache 2.0.44, PHP 4.3.3.

My page pulls some simple snmp data and I have a META refresh tag at
the top that refreshes the page every 30 seconds. 99% of the time the
page is ok. Every now and then the error below shows. It goes away on
its own usually by the next refresh.

Actual result:
Warning: Unknown(/isp/www/pntsi/stats/snmp.php): failed to open stream:
Too many open files in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/isp/www/pntsi/stats/snmp.php' for
inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in Unknown on line
0

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25886&edit=1[/url]