ID: 25995
User updated by: s dot masugata at digicom dot dnp dot co dot jp
Reported By: s dot masugata at digicom dot dnp dot co dot jp
Bug Type: mbstring related
Operating System: FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris(sparc)
PHP Version: 4.3.4RC2
Assigned To: hirokawa
New Comment:

OK...
It's very regrettable.

If a preferable thing and this function are removed from PHP4.3.x in
order
to avoid confusion.

What should just add this function when PHP4.4.x are released.

Previous Comments:

[2003-10-28 09:26:18] [email]moriyoshiphp.net[/email]

Assigned to Rui, he already had a patch.
It was decided not to go in 4.3.4 though.

[2003-10-26 18:31:04] s dot masugata at digicom dot dnp dot co dot jp

------------
../configure:
--enable-zend-multibyte
--enable-mbstring
--enable-mbregex

php.ini:
output_buffering = Off
output_handler =
mbstring.language = Japanese
mbstring.encoding_translation = On
mbstring.internal_encoding = EUC-JP
mbstring.http_input = pass
mbstring.http_output = pass
mbstring.detect_order =
SJIS-win,SJIS,eucJP-win,EUC_JP,UTF-8,UTF-7,ISO-2022-JP,JIS,ASCII
mbstring.substitute_character = none
mbstring.func_overload = 1
mbstring.script_encoding = SJIS

The value of $POST disregards the contents set up by php.ini, and
is changed into an internal encoding.

In this setup, it should not be changed into an internal encoding.
However, it will be changed.

My purpose wants to only use the function to change script encoding
by zend-multibyte into an internal encoding, and the function which
even input data changes into an internal encoding is not needed.

The transmitted input data may be broken down by this unjust
operation(for example, the special character by the specific model).

I think that this operation is not specification but a bug with
it being individual.

It seems that it is fixed in the snapshot in the built on Oct 26,
2003 20:30 GMT, is it fixed as well as a snapshot when PHP4.3.4
is released?

thank you.

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=25995&edit=1[/url]