ID: 26041
Updated by: [email]sniperphp.net[/email]
Reported By: ward at webware dot be
Bug Type: *General Issues
Operating System: tested on Linux and OpenBSD
PHP Version: 4.3.3
New Comment:

Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself. For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit [url]http://www.php.net/support.php[/url] as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

There are many ways to accomplish this kind of infinite recursion which
eats up the stack.

Previous Comments:

[2003-10-30 09:40:39] ward at webware dot be

------------
Hi,
I've got a script which uses all my memory and cpu. I tested with php
as CGI and build-in. Both had memory limits on.

The script can be found at [url]http://ward.webware.be/test_func.phps[/url]

The problem is the $empty parameter which is passed twice "by
reference".

Reproduce code:
see url.

Expected result:
PHP had to kill the script after using more then 8mb of ram.

Actual result:
The script uses all the cpu and memory.

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=26041&edit=1[/url]