ID: 26180
User updated by: svec at nostromo dot cz
Reported By: svec at nostromo dot cz
Bug Type: Apache2 related
Operating System: redhat linux 7.3 w 2.4.9 kernel
PHP Version: 4.3.4
New Comment:

yes, one of ( about 30 ) virtual hosts on our server have this
directive in Directory section, this is copy of this section:

<Directory /var/www/u/www.graphicdesigner.cz>
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
php_flag engine off
</Directory>

Previous Comments:

[2003-11-08 12:51:43] [email]iliaaphp.net[/email]

Do you have a virtual host entry with engine_off ini value being set to
true?

[2003-11-08 12:44:09] svec at nostromo dot cz

------------
config: php from 4.3.1 to 4.3.4 , apache2, latest versions (now
2.0.48), latest openssl

apache & php configured with ssl, we have either our (thawte) ssl
server certificate, either our custom certificate, built from openssl
package.

Problem:
Server randomly sends source code of php page to browser,
(from 10 pageviews, 3 pages are sent as source code, 7 as good -> php
processed page)

- it happens only on some php pages, don't rely on amount scripting in
page.

- happens on pages, which includes other php scripts (php libs etc)

but: it started to happen from php version 3.x.x , last version of php,
which functioned well, was 4.2.3 , without any flaw or problem

happens on all browsers, for example opera, ie, netscape

on version 4.3.1, php crashed with segfault (it was on httpd error
log), now (version 4.3.2 -> 4.3.4) it only sends source of page to
browser, no crash and crash info written to httpd error log.

i thought it was due to deflate mod i am using on apache2, but it
happened too when deflate filter was switched off (commented out in
httpd.conf)

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=26180&edit=1[/url]