ID: 26184
Updated by: [email][/email]
Reported By: tom at nooper dot com
-Status: Assigned
+Status: Feedback
Bug Type: mbstring related
Operating System: Redhat 8
PHP Version: 4.3.4
Assigned To: moriyoshi
New Comment:

Please try setting mbstring.language to the appropriate
language name in your php.ini.

Previous Comments:

[2003-11-09 04:00:52] tom at nooper dot com

I get the following error generated:
mb_convert_encoding(): Unable to detect character encoding

Up to 4.3.3 this works no problem. I compiled php with same options
including the --enable-mbstring=all. If I look at phpinfo() output it
seems that all the languages are missing no matter if I compile with
--enable-mbstring=ja or other.

I noticed another bug which was closed that fixed a bug in the
reporting of phpinfo() for mbstring where it was suggested that all
languages were included now from 4.3.4 independant of compile options.

The code snippet that was used to generate the error above is simply:

echo mb_convert_encoding($jText, 'SJIS','AUTO');

where $jText is some "EUC-JP" text.

I tried the latest php snapshot from cvs also and it also doesn't work.
If you need a short example program to reproduce this problem, I can
look into it from Monday/Tuesday.


Edit this bug report at [url][/url]