ID: 38816
User updated by: mtoohee at gmail dot com
Bug Type: *General Issues
Operating System: winxp
PHP Version: 4.4.4
New Comment:

Previous Comments:

[2006-09-13 21:40:57] mtoohee at gmail dot com

------------
Hi. I am the author of a quiz done in flash which uses php to keep
track of a scoreboard. I got the php code off a nice guy on the
internet. Anyway the scoreboard was working perfect for a year but then
recently it just stiopped working. And when I try to view the score
board in html
([url]http://quiz.thedrunkenclam.com/scores.php?filename=scores/fgquiz3586.sco&scoresize=50&action=VIEW&viewtype=H TML[/url])
I get the following error message:
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
/home/hogie/public_html/quiz/scores.php on line 9

I'm wondering if this is a bug to do with a newer version of php as I
have not touched the php code since I implemented it about a year ago.
A quick answer would be greatly appreciated. It's justy annoying that
something works well for a year and then all of a sudden stops working.
Okay thanks for listening.

Reproduce code:
---------------
Here's the first few lines of code where the error occurs:

<?php

$winscore = (int)$winscore;

// Create a Blank File if it doesn't already exist
if (!file_exists($filename))
{
$file=fopen($filename, "w");
fclose ($file);
}

// Read the file in
$oscores = file ($filename);
$numreadin = count($oscores);

Expected result:
A scoreboard list of fifty people and they're respective scores.

Actual result:

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=38816&edit=1[/url]