ID: 39264
Updated by: [email]derickphp.net[/email]
Reported By: hipolitoalvarez at yahoo dot com dot ar
Bug Type: *Programming Data Structures
Operating System: Windows/Apache2
PHP Version: 4.4.4
New Comment:

Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself. For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit [url]http://www.php.net/support.php[/url] as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions. Due to the volume
of reports we can not explain in detail here why your report is not
a bug. The support channels will be able to provide an explanation
for you.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

This works fine:

derickkossu:~$ php -r '$a = array( 3 ); $b = 3; $x = 0; var_dump( $b
!= $a[$x] );'

bool(false)

derickkossu:~$ php -r '$a = array( 3 ); $b = 3; $x = 0; var_dump( $b
== $a[$x] );'

bool(true)

Previous Comments:

[2006-10-26 11:46:27] hipolitoalvarez at yahoo dot com dot ar

------------
The problem begins when i compare an expression in IF sentence.
When i compare a STRING with another STRING(component of array).

For example: if ($b != $a[$x]) this always gives me a TRUE even if $b=3
and $a[$x]=3.

For example: if ($b == $a[$x]) this always gives me a FALSE even if
$b=3 and $a[$x]=3.

Reproduce code:
---------------
example: $indice(ARRAY) = 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
example: $id = 3
<?
$cant = count($indice);
$id = $_POST[cual];
$x = 0;
while ($x < $cant){
if ($id <> $indice[$x]) {
....several sentences...
}
$x++;
}
?>

Expected result:
Ill expect when the "if" sentence compare the expression, if the values
are equals, expression begin FALSE, if are not equals, expression begin
TRUE, but are always TRUE even when bot variables have the same value.
If i change the disctinct comparation sign (<> or !=) to an equal sign
(== or ===) always give me the result of FALSE, so dont enter into IF
sentence.

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=39264&edit=1[/url]