ID: 39657
User updated by: w dot kaiser at fortune dot de
Reported By: w dot kaiser at fortune dot de
Bug Type: MySQL related
Operating System: XP Pro
PHP Version: 4.4.4
New Comment:

Forgot to mention, that MySQL itself can cope with this database-name,
so it must bee a PHP-problem!

Previous Comments:

[2006-11-28 06:26:31] w dot kaiser at fortune dot de

------------
The extended table-specification "database.table" im SQL-queries
creates errors, if the the "database"-name contains a "-" (dash);

The error is:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '-olc.olc_configuration' at line 1"

A sample statement is "select count(*) from
db1021924-olc.olc_configuration"

A connect to the database "db1021924-olc" is possible with PHP, but
queries using the the extended table-specifications fail!

As we are using a "multi-db" approach in our application, and the ISP
dictates this type of database-name syntax, this is a real
show-stopper!

A database-name like "db1021924_olc" (using the underscore instead of
the dash) works fine!

Edit this bug report at [url]http://bugs.php.net/?id=39657&edit=1[/url]