Professional Web Applications Themes

3D and Audio Sound Crash Bug - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi all, Who would like this bug fixed? Has anyone had their own content crash when using Shockwave and audio together? If you can answer 'yes' to those questions, please contact me so can help the process in getting these resolved. regards Dean Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director http://www.multimediacreative.com.au email: edu.au...

  1. #1

    Default 3D and Audio Sound Crash Bug

    Hi all,

    Who would like this bug fixed?
    Has anyone had their own content crash when using Shockwave and audio
    together?

    If you can answer 'yes' to those questions, please contact me so can
    help the process in getting these resolved.

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
    http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
    email: edu.au

    Dean Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3D and Audio Sound Crash Bug

    well, I'm not sure if have have really caught on the topic. Do you mean a bug
    when you use sound and shockwave 3D? I had sometimes problems with those but
    never really identified this as a bug. Anyways, if you want a second
    confirmation of this bug and provide further info on how to retrace that, I'd
    be pleased to help.

    Erhard Guest

  3. #3

    OK, me too! How do I te it?

    Cheers

    Richard Smith
    www.funpods.com

    "Erhard Zrust" <com> wrote in message

    Richard Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Erhard and Richard,

    Thanks for your replies.

    First, this is what happens with some Shockwave 3D content that has audio
    playing alongside the 3D - basically, the application crashes.
    You can get more info and see examples at: http://mach8.nl/soundbug

    I've managed to reproduce the bug with public URLs. I have not experienced it
    directly (with any of my own files). But, do see it as a serious enough issue
    to try support Adobe in getting it resolved. The situation is that Adobe know
    about it, they have seen it, but they need to understand it better to help fix
    it. And, to understand it better, they need a Director source file to see how
    the sound is activated and what set of cirstances are contributing to things
    going wrong.

    You can help if you can produce a file that encounters the problem and can
    supply the source. If you find a URL and can duplicate a set of steps to cause
    the bug, taht can help, but a source file is what's really needed.

  5. #5

    Hi Dean,

    ok, took a look the demo movies from Lucas and with me (PPC Mac, Safari 3,
    only the first one crashed). Then tried to play around with it myself, first
    easy movies( drag everything into the score, quick behaviour to move
    models/camera/...) to more sophisticated (what I was able to achieve quickly,
    load files dynamically, do actorlist parents instead of behaviours, run
    soundsloops on every channel...) and I was never able to reproduce the bug
    :embarrassment;

    anyway, did you take a look at the dirfile of demo #3 on Lucas site? the guy
    told that he had a crash in demo 4 and provided a dir file to download the demo
    movie. well, and have you already tried to contact Lucas directly? I think he
    could provide you more information.

    sorry not to have been able to help here

    regards, erhard

    Erhard Guest

  6. #6

    Erhard Zrust wrote:

    Hi Erhard,

    Unfortunately, the one demo that does have source file has been difficult - well
    impossible for me or Adobe - to reproduce a crash. So, it hasn't been that helpful.

    I have, and he has provided a lot of info to this issue. But the one thing yet to
    be provided is an example Director file that consistently displays the issue when
    played in Shockwave.

  7. #7

    Hi Dean,

    well, the only one movie from Lucas site that crashes remains movie one. the
    only thing I found strange is that it only seems to crash once (which means it
    just stops), after something like 90 seconds. Whenever I start it afterwards,
    it does not. Unfortunately I don't know on how to provide you with crash info
    from my mac on this.
    Apart I tried again different ways of combining sound and 3d in the score but
    never achieved to reproduce a crash. So, apart from that one crash every time I
    start Lucas' game after rebooting, everything seems to work fine and would
    never have thought of a bug there =(
    Is it possible that this only happens on files produced by windows machines?

    Erhard Guest

  8. #8

    To all that helped with the 3D and sound bug, I offer you my thanks and
    news that it is now fixed. The latest SW just released has teh fix:
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/
    Version 10.3.0.24

  9. #9

    Wow, well done! Many thanks for tracking it down on all our behalfs.

    Cheers :)

    Richard Smith
    www.funpods.com

    "Dean Utian" <edu.au> wrote in message