Professional Web Applications Themes

3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX - Macromedia Director 3D

Salutations! Me and my coworker have been trying to figure out how to get his nifty bone animation into director. We've tried the sintesys exporter for XSI and polytrans, but with no luck. The model imports, but with no animation info. Any ideas? Anyone actually get bone animation to work in their project? Thanks so much!...

  1. #1

    Default 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX

    Salutations!

    Me and my coworker have been trying to figure out how to get his nifty bone
    animation into director.
    We've tried the sintesys exporter for XSI and polytrans, but with no luck.
    The model imports, but with no animation info.
    Any ideas? Anyone actually get bone animation to work in their project?

    Thanks so much!

    praesul Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3D Bone Animation Exporter for Director MX

    Have you tried Plasma or 3DS Max with the newest exporter.

    I know about bones export in Plasma, 3DS Max, Lightwave and Maya but never
    heard anything about it concerning Softimage.

    Also, have you tried Deep Exploration by Right Hemisphere ?

    Best regards,
    Karl Sigiscar.

    Newt99 Guest

  3. #3

    i'm using plasma and have been having problems w/ bones animation. for learning
    purposes i've created a simple scene w/ two identicle cylinders, one on top of
    the other. i make two bones whose hieghts are the same as the cylinders and
    align them w/ the cylinders and link the top cylinder to the top bone and the
    bottom cylinder to the bottom bone. i link the top cylinder to the top bone and
    make an animation where the top bone rotates 90 degrees over the first half,
    and -90 teh second half. sort of like holding your arm up, bening your elbow
    and straighening it back up again.

    my problem is that even if the animation actually shows up in the w3d file,
    the model linked to the bone doesn't move even when the animation is playing.
    the animation show in the object inspector, and i can start and stop the
    animation programatically. but the geometry doesn't move.

    i've tried many many variations of linking and whatnot, but either nothing
    changes, the animation doesn't export, or importing the w3d file crashes
    director.

    i'd sure like to know how to get this straight.

    Ex Guest

  4. #4

    Got the sintesys exporter with SoftImage XSI to work. Make sure that you
    select the models you want to export in the viewport window before opening the
    export dialogue. It looks really neat once it works!

    praesul Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    Read Carefully the instructions on how to use it, since director is too
    picky with the exporting procedure and compatibility.
    Our exporter works fine with bones animation and many developers worldwide
    are using it.
    If you have problems exporting or need further assistance contact me at
    net

    Rafa
    Sintesys
    net
    www.sintesys.net/exporter

    Rafael Guest

  6. #6

    I use 3ds max with biped/bones and it seems to work flawlessly. You might try importing into MAX then exporting.
    cratica Guest