Professional Web Applications Themes

3D Chrome Library problems - Macromedia Director 3D

Here's my scenario. It's probably really simple but i'm quite new to Director and 3D with the Chrome Library. This is a test piece which preceeds my next assignment for University. Using Director MX 2004 v10.1 and the latest Chrome Library from this website. I have a simple 3DSMAX phone model with a body, a screen, three buttons and a bounding box surrounding the screen and body, their names in max are phoneBody, screen, button01, button02, button03 and boundingBox respectively. I added my 3d sprite to the screen and turned dts off and background transparency on. I add a change ...

  1. #1

    Default 3D Chrome Library problems

    Here's my scenario. It's probably really simple but i'm quite new to Director
    and 3D with the Chrome Library.

    This is a test piece which preceeds my next assignment for University.

    Using Director MX 2004 v10.1 and the latest Chrome Library from this website.

    I have a simple 3DSMAX phone model with a body, a screen, three buttons and a
    bounding box surrounding the screen and body, their names in max are phoneBody,
    screen, button01, button02, button03 and boundingBox respectively.

    I added my 3d sprite to the screen and turned dts off and background
    transparency on. I add a change camera chrome library behaviour to the sprite
    to change to "frontCamera" (there are three cameras, frontCamera, leftCamera
    and perspectiveCamera). I left cut and constant speed unchecked the default
    interpolation value.

    I then added a "3D Rollover Model UI" to the sprite and the settings are as
    follows, Model : Button01, Display hand : yes, no highlight, added to W3D
    sprite 1 as its the only 3D sprite on the stage and in the movie, added to
    behaviour 6 (this is definitely correct!), mouse event #press and handlerCall :
    beginSprite() (also tried beginSprite(). with a full stop after!).

    When i try and run the movie the change camera behaviour starts automatically
    and pans to the frontCamera view. When i click on the button that the UI event
    was added to i get this error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera =
    pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496"

    Any help that anyone could give in discovering the reasoning behind all this
    heartache will be incredibly appreciated. Student on a deadline here. Please
    help!!

    Thanks

    Steve

    Urbley04 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3D Chrome Library problems

    Hello,

    Drop me a zip file with your project at: info AT sigiscarinc DOT com

    I will check your problem.

    Best regards,
    Karl Sigiscar.

    "Urbley04" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    e2o0j5$kng$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Here's my scenario. It's probably really simple but i'm quite new to
    > Director
    > and 3D with the Chrome Library.
    >
    > This is a test piece which preceeds my next assignment for University.
    >
    > Using Director MX 2004 v10.1 and the latest Chrome Library from this
    > website.
    >
    > I have a simple 3DSMAX phone model with a body, a screen, three buttons
    > and a
    > bounding box surrounding the screen and body, their names in max are
    > phoneBody,
    > screen, button01, button02, button03 and boundingBox respectively.
    >
    > I added my 3d sprite to the screen and turned dts off and background
    > transparency on. I add a change camera chrome library behaviour to the
    > sprite
    > to change to "frontCamera" (there are three cameras, frontCamera,
    > leftCamera
    > and perspectiveCamera). I left cut and constant speed unchecked the
    > default
    > interpolation value.
    >
    > I then added a "3D Rollover Model UI" to the sprite and the settings are
    > as
    > follows, Model : Button01, Display hand : yes, no highlight, added to W3D
    > sprite 1 as its the only 3D sprite on the stage and in the movie, added to
    > behaviour 6 (this is definitely correct!), mouse event #press and
    > handlerCall :
    > beginSprite() (also tried beginSprite(). with a full stop after!).
    >
    > When i try and run the movie the change camera behaviour starts
    > automatically
    > and pans to the frontCamera view. When i click on the button that the UI
    > event
    > was added to i get this error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera =
    > pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496"
    >
    > Any help that anyone could give in discovering the reasoning behind all
    > this
    > heartache will be incredibly appreciated. Student on a deadline here.
    > Please
    > help!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,

    The reason why your project does not work is that you used Chrome Lib
    behaviors with behaviors from the standard 3D library. Chrome Lib behaviors
    have been designed to interact with each other and with your custom
    behaviors, but not with the action behaviors of the standard library as they
    require additional trigger behaviors.

    If you wish, you may use the same action behavior: Drag Model to Rotate
    behavior from the standard library. Then, instead of using 3D Rollover Model
    UI to trigger it, use the Mouse Left trigger behavior from the standard
    library.

    Another option is to use the Chrome Lib Overlay Slider UI behavior with the
    Model Transform behavior using the setXRotation(angle), setYRotation(angle)
    or setZRotation(angle) handlers.

    Best regards,
    Karl Sigiscar.

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  4. #4

    I used drag model to rotate with left click mouse event from standard library,
    didnt work. Tried change camera with 3d rollover model ui from chrome. didnt
    work. effects where! change camera initiated as soon as movie played, and
    button threw up a script error "Script error: Value out of range pCamera =
    pMember.camera(pCamera) -2147219496". drag model and left click just did
    nothing. Hope its more clear this time.

    Thanks

    Steve

    Urbley04 Guest

  5. #5

    someone must know what's going on!! if someone could even do a quick step by
    step off the top of their head how they would use the change camera with 3d
    rollover model ui functions from the chrome library i would probably be able to
    sort this out myself. Here's what I did again, dragged Change Camera behaviour
    onto my 3D sprite and set it to change to frontCamera. No cut, default
    interpolation and no constant speed. Dragged the 3D Rollover Model UI to the
    3D sprite. no highlights, displays hand cursor, behaviour number 1 (definitely
    correct in this case i'm trying with at the minute!!) definitely the correct
    W3D Sprite as its the only one on the stage and handler call set to
    beginSprite()

    Please!!! anyone!!! Getting desperate now!!

    Thanks to anyone who has a minute for me.

    Steve

    Urbley04 Guest

  6. #6

    Hello Stephen,

    I have sent you the solution.

    Study the .dir (no code, just behaviors, the same version as yours)

    I have deleted all the behavior instances in your test.dir but those
    concerning Attach Model.

    Then I assigned the Drag Model To Rotate and Mouse Left behaviors from the
    standard library (group name: Phone).

    I then assigned the Change Camera behavior and assigned also three instances
    of the 3D Rollover Model UI behavior, one for each button, each time with a
    different parameter value corresponding to the name of a camera in your W3D.

    Cheers,
    Karl.

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  7. #7

    You have restored my faith in Director and indeed with your undoubtedly
    excellent package, the Chrome Library!! I don't like getting beat by things
    and am so glad you could afford a few minutes to tutor me that little bit that
    will hopefully open the door to a beautiful new 3-Dimensional world! Right i'm
    done ranting!!! It's coursework time. Never be able to thank you enough Mr.
    Sigiscar

    Steve

    Urbley04 Guest