Professional Web Applications Themes

3d soundproblem - Macromedia Director 3D

hi group, i have a problem when settinig the pan and the volume of soundfiles: in this demo you will find a ball that makes a sound, if you turn the left and right i hear on my mashine a little noise when setting like a knack, or knick dont now how to say that in english... put the MOUSE over 3D SCENE and press "F" to use it for navigation. navigation: W, A, S, D and SPACE [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/chat3d/[/url] do you know how to get rid of it? is it only on my mashine?......

  1. #1

    Default 3d soundproblem

    hi group,

    i have a problem when settinig the pan and the volume of soundfiles:
    in this demo you will find a ball that makes a sound, if you turn the left and
    right i hear on my mashine a little noise when setting like a knack, or knick
    dont now how to say that in english...

    put the MOUSE over 3D SCENE and press "F" to use it for navigation.
    navigation: W, A, S, D and SPACE
    [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/chat3d/[/url]

    do you know how to get rid of it? is it only on my mashine?...

    hondo3000 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3d soundproblem

    first, good job there!
    there's a realistic movement system, and the sounds are very good.
    is the jumping sound the same one they used in doom ?

    second, i too hear those small ticks when turning right and left near the ball.
    i get the saem problem in Battlefield2, but its probably because of the
    speakers... i think it has nothing to do with the way you did it.

    i hope someone with a newer computer than mine answer...

    bgsBS Guest

  3. #3

    the sounds are taken at the moment from EnemyTerritory and Quake3 Arena, think
    i have to change this but i have no time for sound design at the moment.

    i think it has something to do with the soundcard, it happens on my computer
    on yours and on some others. and sometimes not. to have a 3D sound it is
    nessesary to set the pan and volume of the soundchannels. by the way i got a
    good tip to take a look at OpenAL xtra wich is designed for sound in 3D.

    link here:
    [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/openalxtra/[/url]

    but you have also to put the openal.dll into the xtras folder to make it work.
    i did not tested it right now, and it is not shockwavesave and only for windows
    at the moment.

    but if anybody has a idea about the tick sounds then let me know.

    hondo3000 Guest

  4. #4

    Hi

    I couldn't find the ball lol
    sometimes when files are compressed for the web it has a bad effect on the
    sound
    If you compress the sound before putting it in Director and change the
    publishing settings you may get rid of the click...

    Great environment - when it is connected to the server can you see other
    users walking around? this is what I am trying to do with my space game

    "hondo3000" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > hi group,
    >
    > i have a problem when settinig the pan and the volume of soundfiles:
    > in this demo you will find a ball that makes a sound, if you turn the left
    > and
    > right i hear on my mashine a little noise when setting like a knack, or
    > knick
    > dont now how to say that in english...
    >
    > put the MOUSE over 3D SCENE and press "F" to use it for navigation.
    > navigation: W, A, S, D and SPACE
    > [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/chat3d/[/url]
    >
    > do you know how to get rid of it? is it only on my mashine?...

    Matt George Guest

  5. #5

    oh, i took the ball out a few days ago, i think it has something to do with my
    soundcard. but at the moment i have the server online, i am deep in testing and
    stuff, but you can see other people represented as a sphere at the moment.

    i am allways happy to test it with other people so come in.

    [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/chat3d[/url]

    i do every day some changes, when i am finished with the main problems it will
    do the grafical work. may be i see you in 3D!

    hondo3000 Guest

  6. #6

    Ok see you in there

    That is definitely what I'm trying to do I'll put my environment online soon
    as a single person view as this works
    If you could send me the code for the multiple users I would be eternally
    grateful

    see you inside

  7. #7

    i am sorry, at the moment i do not have the time to extract the code from my
    project and bring it into a usefull version.
    but i think a discussion about ideas of multiuser3d stuff should be started in
    a new thread. i think there a lot of people interested in finding a good
    solution.

    hondo3000 Guest

  8. #8

    how do you make the character moving smoothly across the limits of the 3D area?
    cullision detection of sphere and planes? some other code?

    i tryed to do that and have this problem where the object that's moving gets
    stuck when it gets to a wall (which does make scence, i didn't define what to
    do in that case...)

    bgsBS Guest

  9. #9

    it is just a invisible havok box that limits the scene. and the charecter is a
    sphere. it was a little bit sticky so i updated it to make it more smooth. may
    be you have to clear the browser for seeing the change.

    hondo3000 Guest

  10. #10

    no problem I have cracked it! well at least I have my two players in the
    same world moving around at the same time
    Thanks for all of your help so far

    I'd be up for joining in a pure 3d multiuser discussion

    >i am sorry, at the moment i do not have the time to extract the code from
    >my
    > project and bring it into a usefull version.
    > but i think a discussion about ideas of multiuser3d stuff should be
    > started in
    > a new thread. i think there a lot of people interested in finding a good
    > solution.

    Matt George Guest

  11. #11

    > I'd be up for joining in a pure 3d multiuser discussion

    So feel free to post to m.d.multiuser - that's what it's there for!
    Sean Wilson Guest