image object - update the 'tv screen' with the image object is this about the same for you; dsdsdsdsd [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => dsdsdsdsd [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 12 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> 3D Walkthrough : Church - Macromedia Director 3D

3D Walkthrough : Church - Macromedia Director 3D

This is a real church somewhere in Romania. http://www.ofmconv.ro/shockwave/bacau.html I did the AutoCAD -> 3DS Max 2009 -> W3D part (1:1 world scale). Remus did the rest (a real lesson of lighting and lightmaps). Less than 1MB to download (including a short sound track). The CD version takes over 40MB and is much more detailed (more rooms and objects). This is for testing purposes only, the official launch is on may 12th. For those interested in Director 11 and DirectX 9: http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave/bacau_v11.html...

  1. #1

    Default 3D Walkthrough : Church

    This is a real church somewhere in Romania.

    http://www.ofmconv.ro/shockwave/bacau.html

    I did the AutoCAD -> 3DS Max 2009 -> W3D part (1:1 world scale).
    Remus did the rest (a real lesson of lighting and lightmaps).
    Less than 1MB to download (including a short sound track).
    The CD version takes over 40MB and is much more detailed (more rooms and
    objects).
    This is for testing purposes only, the official launch is on may 12th.

    For those interested in Director 11 and DirectX 9:
    http://necromanthus.com/Games/ShockWave/bacau_v11.html

    AlinaX Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3D Walkthrough : Church

    Hi man,

    Nic job, though for me all the things are too "synthetic". You should
    avoid monnotony of flat, enless surfaces covered with simple repetitive
    texture.

    If you like you may compare your work with this:

    http://www.ziggi.pl/muzeum/scena.html

    Regards,
    Ziggi
    Ziggi Guest

  3. #3

    Nice.

    < 1MB, cool.
    tripplesub Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: Ziggi
    Nic job, though for me all the things are too "synthetic". You should
    avoid monnotony of flat, enless surfaces covered with simple repetitive
    texture.[/q]

    The 3D world is based on a real building (original AutoCAD files) and those
    surfaces are using original materials.
    I didn't get permission to use custom textures.

    AlinaX Guest

  5. #5

    Hi there,

    Nice 3d church you got there. Try changing the member("3d").camera[1].hither
    and member("3d").camera[1].yon to get rid of the clipping when standing on the
    balcony and looking into the church.

    Bey

    Angular Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: Angular Dashpot
    Try changing the member("3d").camera[1].hither and member("3d").camera[1].yon
    to get rid of the clipping when standing on the balcony and looking into the
    church.

    Bey[/q]

    I'm not the author of the LINGO routines, but I didn't notice any kind of
    "clipping" in any position.
    Be sure your video card is set to 32bit colors depth.

    AlinaX Guest

  7. #7

    In most of the cases, clipping is related to cheap (ATI Radeon) video cards
    with 16bit Z-buffer depth.
    As general rule, camera.hither (objects closer to the camera than hither are
    not drawn) and camera.yon (objects at a distance greater than yon are not
    drawn) have nothing to do with clipping and is not a good idea to change the
    default values.
    Cliping is related to world scale and Z-buffer depth.
    In your case, a better video card is needed.

    cheers

    [q]Originally posted by: Angular Dashpot
    Hi there,

    Nice 3d church you got there. Try changing the member("3d").camera[1].hither
    and member("3d").camera[1].yon to get rid of the clipping when standing on the
    balcony and looking into the church.

    Bey[/q]

    necromanthus Guest

  8. #8

    > This is a real church somewhere in Romania.

    Very impressive!
    Nanomedia Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Alina,

    Real nice! What plug-in have you used for the mousePosition?

    Cheers!

    Arata foarte bine! am facut si eu o prezentare a unei biserici fortificate
    din zona sibiului, daca vreti s-o vedeti, PM
    si va trimit link-ul . ;)

    danieloizo Guest

  10. #10

    [q]Originally posted by: danieloizo
    What plug-in have you used for the mousePosition?[/q]

    baMoveCursor by Gary Smith (Magic Modules).
    Shockwave Safe and FREE!
    http://www.mods.com.au/xtras/default.htm

    cheers

    necromanthus Guest

  11. #11

    Ziggi
    Love your museum but I seem to have trouble getting right into it, I can only
    zoom in a little way and can't get right down to floor level. I'd really like
    to explore it more. Is it because I'm using a Mac??
    Thanks
    EP

    EnglishPatient Guest

  12. #12

    AlinaX, Ziggi - nice job;

    Ziggi, for your kiosk that has an animated monitor screen, how did you create
    the animated TV effect?

    my standard method is:
    - stream video ( flv, avi, swf ) into off-stage flash sprite
    - on each frame do a copypixel --> image object
    - update the 'tv screen' with the image object

    is this about the same for you;

    dsdsdsdsd

    dsdsdsdsd Guest

  13. #13

    Very nice work.
    Both, the church and the museum (last ones textures and lightning are very
    good, but movement is a bit difficult).

    But one question: How did you use the baMoveCursor Xtra?
    I tryed to use it by myself but it wont't work online. (It is the same thing
    like the SetMouseLoc Xtra. The "there was an error cannot proceed" stuff)
    I would like to use baMoveCursor because it is free and supposed to be
    Shockwave-Safe.
    I followed the instructions but nothing happens.
    Does anyone know how to get it work?

    .ogh Guest

  14. #14

    [q]Originally posted by: .ogh idofi 8t?r s gt
    But one question: How did you use the baMoveCursor Xtra?
    I tryed to use it by myself but it won't work online.[/q]

    You need to host the packages on your server and you need to include the xtra
    (Modify/Movie/Xtras/Add).

    Nanomedia Guest

  15. #15

    This is exactly what I already did.
    I created a folder named "xtras", loaded the packeges to the server in that
    folder and added the line to the xtrainfo.txt: [#namePPC:"baMoveCursor",
    #nameW32:"baMoveCursor.x32", #package:"myURL/xtras" ].
    Then published it again loaded the dcr-file up to the server but it doesn't
    work.
    By the way there is no option "download when needed" in Modify/Movie/Xtras
    when selecting that Xtra.
    And when online it causes the error.

    .ogh Guest

  16. #16

    [q]Originally posted by: .ogh idofi 8tr s gt
    I created a folder named "xtras", loaded the packeges to the server in that
    folder and added the line to the xtrainfo.txt: [#namePPC:"baMoveCursor",
    #nameW32:"baMoveCursor.x32", #package:"myURL/xtras" ].[/q]

    It doesn't work in that way.

    Upload the packages on your server (www.myserver.com/xtras/)
    Quit Director, edit the 'xtrainfo.txt' file and insert this line:

    Open Director, include the Xtra (Modify/Movie/Xtras/Add) and publish the DCR
    file again.

    [#namePPC:"baMoveCursor", #nameW32:"baMoveCursor.x32",
    #package:"http://www.myserver.com/xtras/baMoveCursor"]

    Nanomedia Guest

  17. #17

    Thanks.
    Now I can select "download if needed".
    But it still does not work online.
    Guess I have to find another Xtra or another way to create 3d mouse navigation.

    .ogh Guest

  18. #18

    there both good but I saw an earlier version of that room ziggy did this one
    looks better the animation on the wall makes a lot of difference. the dark feel
    with the highlighted pictures works well. the church could stand next to other
    web 3d programs that are stronger than director, good job

    tyree_2 Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: .ogh idofi 8t?r s gt
    Thanks.
    Now I can select "download if needed".
    But it still does not work online.[/q]

    Can you give more details?
    Did you try to contact the author (Gary Smith)?
    http://www.mods.com.au

    [q]Originally posted by: tyree_2
    the church could stand next to other web 3d programs that are stronger than
    director, good job[/q]

    Awesome image quality in Shockwave 3D.

    Nanomedia Guest

  20. #20

    a couple of 3d apps to look at:
    http://www.toddanddotty.com/OpenHouse3d/furniture.php
    http://www.toddanddotty.com/OpenHouse3d/blue_sky.php

    a couple from our competitor ( but they're good ):
    http://www.habitect.com/apartamento/
    http://www.fguv.org/pmg/galeria3D/ .... then click "Vista Virtual" tab

    dsdsdsdsd

    dsdsdsdsd Guest