Professional Web Applications Themes

3ds char animation export probs - Macromedia Director 3D

hi all Im trying to get something (..anything) to export from 3ds into .w3d with bones animation, I have looked up many articles on the net and macromedia, I found a file that was set up that exported correctly, but I cant find anywhere that it says how to make something from scratch(im not a complete beginner, I just wanna see what part I'm not doing right) does anyone know anywhere where there is a tutorial on how to build something with bones to put into .w3d with animation attatched - I can do keyframe no probs but bones has ...

  1. #1

    Default 3ds char animation export probs

    hi all

    Im trying to get something (..anything) to export from 3ds into .w3d with bones animation, I have looked up many articles on the net and macromedia, I found a file that was set up that exported correctly, but I cant find anywhere that it says how to make something from scratch(im not a complete beginner, I just wanna see what part I'm not doing right)

    does anyone know anywhere where there is a tutorial on how to build something with bones to put into .w3d with animation attatched - I can do keyframe no probs but bones has me stuck

    thanks

    James

    xeroe webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3ds char animation export probs

    Have your grouped your bones and mesh together before export?

    --

    Dave
    [url]http://www.blurredistinction.com/director[/url]

    Dave Mennenoh Guest

  3. #3

    um im not quite sure-

    I have applied physique modifier, and made sure everything is mesh (not poly etc) <- read that on macromedia somewhere

    and i applied the bones and everything (tried bones and char studio biped)- it all works perfect in 3ds (and plasma which I tried too)- is there some further level of grouping other than applying physique that I need to do?? is it just linking or something?

    I know that if I link objects to the bones it goes fine as long as it isnt deforming, but I want mesh deform so I can code it easier and avoid delays making director check positions of multiple boxes etc

    I put in dummies to link the bones to (heard that on macromedia)- do I link the dummy to the mesh or something?

    I think you might be right about the grouping thing anyway- I'll go play around with that idea a bit

    thanks
    James

  4. #4

    >>is there some further level of grouping other than applying physique that
    I need to do?? is it just linking or something?

    Yes. Select your mesh and all the bones, and group them together...

  5. #5

    still no luck,

    ok I'll tell you how I would do a match bending and u let me know where I go wrong (please?)

    make a box, call it match, convert match to editable mesh
    character menu>bone Tools> create bones ->make bonechain inside match
    change bone fin sizes to fit
    apply physique to match. set bone1 as node
    animate in 3ds (works perfect in 3ds)
    group match + bones together,
    export (o-oh nothing works anymore)

    with the above example, in the export to w3d, it completely separated the bone from the match, but then moved both bone and match at the same time minus any kind of mesh deform.

    I know theres probably something insignificant I'm not doing- does anyone know what it is?

    any ideas are welcome

    James