Professional Web Applications Themes

3DS Max 9 doesn?t export shockwave - Macromedia Director 3D

3DS Max 9, the new release of this amazing CAD software. Doesn?t have the necessary shockwave exporter. In other words you can design, model, map, illuminate, animate and save your works in a max file, but it is useless for director. What about the integration between autodesk and Ado media?...

  1. #1

    Default 3DS Max 9 doesn?t export shockwave

    3DS Max 9, the new release of this amazing CAD software. Doesn?t have the
    necessary shockwave exporter.
    In other words you can design, model, map, illuminate, animate and save your
    works in a max file, but it is useless for director.
    What about the integration between autodesk and Ado media?

    ensamblador Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3DS Max 9 doesn?t export shockwave

    I? am very disappointed there are no answers these questions.
    This is an official Director forum, Hey where are you. Are you there?
    I want an answer too.

    Little Critter Guest

  3. #3

    As far as I know, most (if not every) 3ds max plugin will have to be re-written
    to the new version (9). So, this could be the case.

    Letīs wait and see if Adobe/Macromedia will release a new plugin..

    foq Guest

  4. #4

    Hi all,

    I contacted Autodesk and was told it should be there and teh guy was going to
    look into it further and get back to me. Elsewhere, someone contacted Autodesk as
    well as was told the following:
    "
    I contacted Autodesk and got an email back from Ken Pimentel, Senior Product
    Manager. He told me they made a mistake and will be adding the "export to W3D"
    option soon with a service pack.
    "

    So, no need to get over anxious about this. It will be back.

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant
    [url]http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director/[/url]
    [url]http://www.multimediacreative.com.au[/url]

    Dean Utian Guest

  5. #5

    Hi all,

    I received a response from the tech development side of Autodesk on the Max 9 and
    Shockwave 3D issue.

    The reply was a little different to the one I posted before. I have been told it was
    not a mistake but an incompatibility with the higher bit functionality of Max 9. So
    that's why it was removed. But it is temporary.

    Was told:
    "This problem has been flagged and is currently being worked on.
    We will have some service packs sometime in the near future. Cannot disclose a date
    at the moment."

  6. #6

    or they are waiting the new shockwave3D engine with many enhancements.

    after Adobe release this new shockwave3D engine , Autodesk will release new
    W3D exporter for 3D MAX 9.

    i hope something like this happens in this year because we have waited so much
    (about 5 years....)

    best regards
    ege karaosmanoglu

    [url]www.shockland.com[/url]

    shockland.com Guest

  7. #7

    "shockland.com" wrote:
    > or they are waiting the new shockwave3D engine with many enhancements....
    Time will tell. Hopefully, there will be a good 3D upgrade to please all
    developers. But, no info will be released publically until we're at least one month
    away from the product launch. With Adobe announcing Director 11 will be released in
    the first half of 2007, we are still a few months from Director 3D news.

  8. #8

    From Ken Pimentel, Autodesk Director of Business Development:

    The lack of Shockwave3d support was an oversight.
    We are providing a 32b hotfix to those customers who request it from support.
    It will be made generally available in a Service Pack, but we are not
    announcing availability of
    this.
    Please contact Autodesk support for the hot fix.

    AlinaX Guest

  9. #9

    Good news fellows

    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9233739&linkID=5573636
    ensamblador Guest

  10. #10

    Good news?
    "The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found". This is what I get when I click on the link.
    danieloizo Guest

  11. #11

    [q]Originally posted by: danieloizo
    Good news?
    "The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found". This is what I get when
    I click on the link.[/q]

    Their site is under maintenance.
    Try here: http://forum.necromanthus.com/necroforum.php?forum=1&topic=51

    AlinaX Guest

  12. #12

    Hi

    I have found a Autodesk Beta Release of the W3D exporter for Max9.

    Download here:

    http://discussion.autodesk.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/238-546685-5498296-1
    43150/Max9_W3D-exp.zip

    Haven't had a chance to use it much but seems to do the job.

    Ez

    - Ben

    Media-Ben Guest

  13. #13

    Sorry i never figure out that the section will go to maintenance (seems to be a
    completly re design). I downloaded the latest version on the plugin as a hotfix
    for the 32-bit 3dsmax9 yesterday.

    www.rudo-arts.com/3dsmax9_hf1.msp

    QUOTE: "Haven't had a chance to use it much but seems to do the job."

    ensamblador Guest