Professional Web Applications Themes

3ds max, havok & director (shaders & physics) - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi all, I'm creating a simple game in director using 3ds max to create my 3d enviroment/scene. I am not extremely fluent with director, but i would like to think i have a basic grasp of its work flow, i have recently been introduced to Havok inside Director and am using it for said game! So without further ado, let me explain some issues: 1. Exporting my scene gives me an extreme loss in quality, is there some way to set up shaders or material properties inside director? If so, how? 2. One of the materials would be illuminated, which ...

  1. #1

    Default 3ds max, havok & director (shaders & physics)

    Hi all,

    I'm creating a simple game in director using 3ds max to create my 3d
    enviroment/scene. I am not extremely fluent with director, but i would like to
    think i have a basic grasp of its work flow, i have recently been introduced to
    Havok inside Director and am using it for said game!

    So without further ado, let me explain some issues:

    1. Exporting my scene gives me an extreme loss in quality, is there some way
    to set up shaders or material properties inside director? If so, how?

    2. One of the materials would be illuminated, which i am guessing would also
    be a shader!

    3. Setting up physics, would i be better to define each object in the reactor
    in 3ds max, or just do it all in havok?

    4. Is it possible to have geometry that has no collision until another object
    interacts with it?
    (For example, a bridge with some missing planks - if i made the plank
    invisble and no collision, so the player would fall throguh it. But then if the
    player placed a specific object/box to the invisible plank could director then
    make it appear and have collision?)

    Thats the main issues i have, if anyone could help me answer them or point me
    int he right direction i would really appreciate it.

    Thank you prior

    Justanynickname Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 3ds max, havok & director (shaders & physics)

    change the settings in the export panel before you click export. that may give
    you a better quality and get 3dpi for director you could adjust the settings of
    your models inside director with that program

    reactor exports animation it wont be a real time value that changes based on
    interaction, once its inside director

    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for the reply

    Yeh i have played with the settings and materials, i geta very strange error
    "non-blinn shader used, may not export material correctly" however i am using
    blinn materials within max so that is also strange.

    I see, so reactor is prity pointless for this situation, thanks for clarifying!

    I am using 3dpi

    Justanynickname Guest