Professional Web Applications Themes

#43639 [Com]: php-5.2.5-win32-installer.msi stops before it is finished. - PHP Bugs

ID: 43639 Comment by: tamasmatrai at yahoo dot com Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com Status: No Feedback Bug Type: *General Issues Operating System: Windows Vista PHP Version: 5.2.5 New Comment: Solution!!! I had the same problem on Windows XP. I read the event viewer and found detailed info: "Product: PHP 5.2.6 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action configIIS4 script error -2146828275, Microsoft VBScript futásidejû hiba: Típuseltérés: '[string: "5.1"]' Line ...

  1. #1

    Default #43639 [Com]: php-5.2.5-win32-installer.msi stops before it is finished.

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: tamasmatrai at yahoo dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: *General Issues
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    Solution!!!

    I had the same problem on Windows XP. I read the event viewer and found
    detailed info:

    "Product: PHP 5.2.6 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows
    Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could
    not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
    action configIIS4 script error -2146828275, Microsoft VBScript
    futásidejû hiba: Típuseltérés: '[string: "5.1"]' Line 179, Column 5, "

    The key was this: "Típuseltérés: '[string: "5.1"]' Line 179, Column 5,
    .." 'Típuseltérés' is a Hungarian term, which means 'data type error'.
    So, '5.1' is not a number in a vb script which is run by the
    installation.

    Decimal separator was ',' (comma) on my system and when I changed it to
    '.' (dot), then installation was completed successfully!

    So try this! It is a bug and this was the first time I tried to install
    PHP. After such a problem I will think 10000 times if I use PHP. :o I am
    a programmer and if I would leave such a bug in my application, I would
    be sacked from my workplace without any doubt.

    Best Regards:
    Tamas

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-07-08 00:13:07] rbsfou at gmail dot com

    XP Pro SP3:

    Custom action configIIS4 script error -2146828235, Microsoft VBScript
    runtime error: File not found Line 182, Column 9

    I also cannot do the RunAS trick, as i am on SP3.

    Does anyone actually use php on iis4 (nt? 98?) nowadays?

    [2008-05-21 23:20:29] hailstrike at libero dot it

    It is terrible. I have same problem on Windows 2003 server r2
    enterprise sp2 x64 with all updates and IIS6, when I try to install
    php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi installer give me same error.

    [2008-05-08 10:13:12] pomax at nihongoresources dot com

    installer feature suggestion: add a check to see if VBscript is a
    registered and running service, and break off the install if it is not
    detected. This should fix everyone's problems on Vista, Windows Server
    2008, as well as XP installs where people decided to turn off any
    service they do not use themselves.

    - MK

    [2008-04-04 22:28:59] nospam at gmail dot com

    You'd never believe it, but just going to c:\windows\system32 and
    running regsvr32 vbscript.dll fixed the MSI problem. Wow, go figure.

    [2008-04-04 22:09:52] nospam at gmail dot com

    I've having the same problem here and after running msiexec with
    logging options on, it seems that it fails because it "Could not access
    VBScript runtime for custom action".

    Very frustrating bug, especially since you can't, by default, run MSI
    packages with administrator rights.

    This is most likely a bug with the actual MSI package or packaging
    application.

    http://bugs.php.net/43639

    --
    Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=43639&edit=1

    tamasmatrai Guest

  2. #2

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: davis1089 at mint dot us dot to
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: *General Issues
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    I can confirm this bug in the installer!

    My system is Norwegian, and uses , as decimal point, and when i changed
    regional options to english as "tamasmatrai" pointed out, installer
    finished successfully.

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-07-26 19:02:01] tamasmatrai at yahoo dot com

    davis1089 Guest

  3. #3

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: paour at free dot fr
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: *General Issues
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    Hello,
    same bug in french system (decimal separator is comma)
    Script run with dot separator.
    Nicolas

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-08-10 03:32:36] davis1089 at mint dot us dot to

    paour Guest

  4. #4

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: nospam at gmail dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    I'd like to confirm that this error occurs on 32-bit Vista systems in
    Dutch locale, also.

    Running the installer from a batch as suggested above successfully
    executed the installation, however.

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-08-11 14:18:05] paour at free dot fr

    nospam Guest

  5. #5

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: pdanailov at yahoo dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    I have the same problem. My system is
    Win XP Prof SP2, PHP 5.2.6 and PHP 5.2.7
    Bulgarian settings changed to English for the decimal separator
    None of the solutions worked. PHP s:((((

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-08-24 01:03:09] nospam at gmail dot com

    pdanailov Guest

  6. #6

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: stonesben at googlemail dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    New Comment:

    This is disgusting. No workaround since 2007. Lazy or incompetent at
    fixing bugs?

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-08 11:40:31] pdanailov at yahoo dot com

    stonesben Guest

  7. #7

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: llucenic at inmail dot sk
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    My Win XP SP2 with Slovak locales - the same installer problem. After I
    changed the locales (regional settings) to English (United States), the
    installation worked fine even w/o the need to run as administrator.
    Thank you Tamas for your insight. Helped a lot.

    Ludo Lucenic

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-10 11:33:47] net

    Having this bug assigned to the installer maintainer will help to
    actually get it solved. Especially when so many different problems are
    discussed within the same bug.

    [2008-09-10 10:22:15] stonesben at googlemail dot com

[...]

    llucenic Guest

  8. #8

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: kfou at free dot fr
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    I've generated a fixed installer that you can download from
    http://kfou.free.fr/php/php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi.

    Or you can download the original installer from php.net and modify it
    using Orca to extract the (faulty) script PHPInstallerScripts.vbs, patch
    it (using http://kfou.free.fr/php/PHPInstallerScripts.patch) and
    re-import it again using Orca.

    Kamel.

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-11 11:59:36] llucenic at inmail dot sk

[...]

    kfou Guest

  9. #9

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: cfaribault at presencenet dot ca
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    Hi all,

    Tried 5.2.6 MSI installer from PHP's site as well as the one from "kfou
    at free dot fr" and both still give me the error. Trying to setup PHP as
    Apache 2.2.x Module. I'm on XP !SP3 English.

    Also worth noting, I don't get any error in System Event Viewer.

    I also want to note that everytime I run the installer (because I've
    also tried to set it up as Apache CGI as well), it adds the following
    block of text in httpd.conf:

    #BEGIN PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL
    ScriptAlias /php/ "D:/Program Files/PHP/"
    Action application/x-httpd-php "D:/Program Files/PHP/php-cgi.exe"
    PHPIniDir "D:/Program Files/PHP/"
    LoadModule php5_module "D:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
    PHPIniDir "D:/Program Files/PHP/"
    LoadModule php5_module "D:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2.dll"
    PHPIniDir "D:/Program Files/PHP/"
    LoadModule php5_module "D:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache.dll"
    #END PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL

    Over time, I ended up with 4-5 such blocks, all commented but one. Not
    a problem but still annoying. But there is one problem... Apache won't
    start unless I comment all "PHPIniDir..." lines but one.

    Finally, I'd like to point out that the changes made to httpd.conf
    don't include an association to .php files for application/x-httpd-php
    ("AddType application/x-httpd-php .php"). Once the installer is done
    (past the error message) and Apache restarted, I'm prompted for a file
    download when I try to access a php file. That may be what the script
    fails to do because of the error, I don't know... But in my present
    situation, it's something that it's not doing.

    I guess that'll be enough for now! :)

    Chris

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-18 01:52:29] kfou at free dot fr

[...]

    cfaribault Guest

  10. #10

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: thomas dot j dot owens at gmail dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    I believe this might be related to a bug I file last night at
    http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=46155

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-21 06:35:53] cfaribault at presencenet dot ca

    thomas Guest

  11. #11

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: jim dot keller at contextsolutions dot net
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    Turning off User Account Control in Vista fixes this problem. Start >
    Control Panel > (Classic View) > User Accounts > Turn User Account
    Control Off

    My guess is that even though the installer is running as administrator,
    the scripts that run in the background are separate processes, and are
    therefore subject to "user account control". If you like the User
    Account Control feature, just re-enable it after install.

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-23 22:40:31] thomas dot j dot owens at gmail dot com

    jim Guest

  12. #12

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: bad_boy2k8 at msn dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    hey i have installed php-5.2.5-win32 but what is that php for? is it
    for making website or what please tell me

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-09-25 18:11:01] jim dot keller at contextsolutions dot net

    bad_boy2k8 Guest

  13. #13

    ID: 43639
    Comment by: andreaslustigcom at gmail dot com
    Reported By: erik dot kullberg at telia dot com
    Bug Type: Windows Installer
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    PHP Version: 5.2.5
    Assigned To: jmertic
    New Comment:

    None of the suggestions worked for me. I spent 2 days on this by now.
    Dedicated box, brand new install (XP pro, SP3) with no result.
    Ridiculous and very unprofessional. I'm a programmer, too, but if I was
    to deliver this to my clients I'd be out of work in no time. If PHP/Zend
    wants to be taken seriously they need to improve their quality assurance
    process dramatically. 0/10 from me!

    Previous Comments:

    [2008-10-05 09:16:14] bad_boy2k8 at msn dot com

    andreaslustigcom Guest