Professional Web Applications Themes

5.0.7 MMDF Configuration Problems - SCO

I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7 system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part of the system working. Here is our configuration: INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All machine in our domain I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not receive them. The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages to any machine within our domain, but it ...

  1. #1

    Default 5.0.7 MMDF Configuration Problems

    I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7
    system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of
    running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part of
    the system working. Here is our configuration:

    INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All machine in
    our domain

    I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not receive
    them.

    The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages to
    any machine within our domain, but it cannot send email to any system
    outside our firewall. The box has Internet access as it can browse the web
    no problem at all.

    Any suggestions?

    pretzelboy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 5.0.7 MMDF Configuration Problems

    Yup, it can resolve no problem at all.

    <tonyaplawrence.com> wrote in message news:bhs1el$krk$2pcls4.std.com...
    > pretzelboy <pretzelboyshaw.ca> wrote:
    > >I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver
    5.0.7
    > >system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of
    > >running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part of
    > >the system working. Here is our configuration:
    >
    > >INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All machine
    in
    > >our domain
    >
    > >I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not
    receive
    > >them.
    >
    > >The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages
    > >any machine within our domain, but it cannot send email to any system
    > >outside our firewall. The box has Internet access as it can browse the
    web
    > >no problem at all.
    >

    > Can it resolve addresses? Did you configure it to do so?
    >

    > --
    > [email]tonyaplawrence.com[/email] Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: [url]http://aplawrence.com[/url]
    > Get paid for writing about tech: [url]http://aplawrence.com/publish.html[/url]

    pretzelboy Guest

  3. #3

    Well, the problem is that it cannot send email to anyone outside of our own
    network.

    "Bela Lubkin" <belalsco.com> wrote in message
    > "pretzelboy" wrote:
    >
    > > I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver
    5.0.7
    > > system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of
    > > running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part
    of
    > > the system working. Here is our configuration:
    > >
    > > INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All
    machine in
    > > our domain
    > >
    > > I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not
    receive
    > > them.
    > >
    > > The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages
    > > any machine within our domain, but it cannot send email to any system
    > > outside our firewall. The box has Internet access as it can browse the
    web
    > > no problem at all.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Yes -- describe the problem.
    >
    > >Bela<

    pretzelboy Guest

  4. #4

    pretzelboy wrote:
    > "Bela Lubkin" <belalsco.com> wrote in message
    > > "pretzelboy" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7
    > > > system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of
    > > > running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part of
    > > > the system working. Here is our configuration:
    > > >
    > > > INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All machine in
    > > > our domain
    > > >
    > > > I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not receive
    > > > them.
    > > >
    > > > The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages to
    > > > any machine within our domain, but it cannot send email to any system
    > > > outside our firewall. The box has Internet access as it can browse the web
    > > > no problem at all.
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > Yes -- describe the problem.
    >
    > Well, the problem is that it cannot send email to anyone outside of our own
    > network.
    And the symptom of this is that whenever you try, Alexander appears,
    leading thousands of troops and hundreds of elephants, who proceed to
    trash the building. Right?

    I think there's a patch for that somewhere.
    >Bela<
    Bela Lubkin Guest

  5. #5

    pretzelboy wrote:
    > "Bela Lubkin" <belalsco.com> wrote in message
    > > "pretzelboy" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am having some problems trying to configure MMDF on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7
    > > > system. Everything I have read indicated that it is simply a matter of
    > > > running the mail configuration program, but that only seem to get part of
    > > > the system working. Here is our configuration:
    > > >
    > > > INTERNET ------ Linux Firewall/Mail server -------- SCO Box & All machine in
    > > > our domain
    > > >
    > > > I am only interested in setting up the SCO box to send messages, not receive
    > > > them.
    > > >
    > > > The way it is currently set up is such that it can send email messages to
    > > > any machine within our domain, but it cannot send email to any system
    > > > outside our firewall. The box has Internet access as it can browse the web
    > > > no problem at all.
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > Yes -- describe the problem.
    >
    > Well, the problem is that it cannot send email to anyone outside of our own
    > network.
    What I'm trying to say is: describe the actual problem. What do you
    type to cause it? (OpenServer ships with at least three different
    mailers, maybe more.) What happens? Is there an error message
    immediately when you try to send? If so, what is it (cut and paste,
    don't describe or retype). Does the mail just disappear? Does it
    bounce? If it bounces, what does the bounce say? (Again, don't
    describe, cut and paste.)
    >Bela<
    Bela Lubkin Guest

  6. #6

    Hi,

    In the MMDF configuration dialogue box go to the additional options
    and select option 'Forwarding Mail'. Here enter your Mail Server's IP
    address or hostname. Now on, your mail will see outer world!

    Ragothaman.P
    Ragothaman Guest