I recently did a fresh install of 5.0.7 using an upgrade license which
required me to add my old license in license manager once the install
was complete. After adding the old license (32 users), I was asked
whether I wanted the kernel tuned for the new user count. I answered
yes, but immediately received an error. Below are the contents of the
tclerror file that was created. In this case, I added this license
before applying oss656b (the license was accepted). On a subsequent
install, I tried adding the license after applying oss656b with the same
result. In both cases, I later added an additional 10 user license
which ran the tune procedure successfully.

I've looked through the tcl program referenced below (I don't know tcl)
but haven't a clue what tuning is being done. What can I do to manually
tune for the initial 32 users? Or, did tuning for the subsequent 10
users take the other 32 users into account?

Uncaught error in Tcl program:
/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.7Hw/pmd/licenseMgr/licenseMgr:
Unknown message ID `SCO_NONSTD_CMDS_ERR_tunek'
Error code = NONE
Unknown message ID `SCO_NONSTD_CMDS_ERR_tunek'
while executing
"error "Unknown message ID `$messageId'""
invoked from within
"if {![info exists $msgEntryVar]} {
error "Unknown message ID `$messageId'"
}"
(procedure "Intl:GetMsgEntry" line 33)
invoked from within
"Intl:GetMsgEntry $messageId"
invoked from within
"set msgEntry [Intl:GetMsgEntry $messageId]..."
(procedure "IntlLocal" line 3)
invoked from within
"IntlLocal ext $messageId $argList"
invoked from within
"set message [IntlLocal ext $messageId $argList]..."
(procedure "ErrorPush" line 11)
invoked from within
"ErrorPush errStack 0 $cmdErrId [list $errReturn] [lindex $exitStatus
2]"
invoked from within
"if {$errReturn != ""} {
set cmdName [file tail $cmd]
ErrorPush errStack 0 $cmdErrId [list $errReturn] [lindex
$exitStatus 2]
i ..."
(procedure "CallNonStdCmd" line 34)
invoked from within
"CallNonStdCmd $path/tunek $args SCO_NONSTD_CMDS_ERR_tunek errorStack
{} {} rc"
(procedure "TuneKernel" line 10)
invoked from within
"TuneKernel $type $bumps"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $command"
("default" arm line 1)
invoked from within
"switch -exact -- [lindex $errorCode 0] {
"POSIX" {ErrorPushUnix errStack 0 {}}
"ERRORSTACK" {set errStack [lindex $errorCode 1]}
..."
(procedure "ErrorCatch" line 17)
invoked from within
"ErrorCatch errorStack 0 {TuneKernel $type $bumps} {}"
invoked from within
"if [ErrorCatch errorStack 0 {TuneKernel $type $bumps} {}]..."
(procedure "TuneKernelForLicense" line 26)
invoked from within
"TuneKernelForLicense $license"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $command"
("default" arm line 1)
invoked from within
"switch -exact -- [lindex $errorCode 0] {
"POSIX" {ErrorPushUnix errStack 0 {}}
"ERRORSTACK" {set errStack [lindex $errorCode 1]}
..."
(procedure "ErrorCatch" line 17)
invoked from within
"ErrorCatch errorStack 0 {TuneKernelForLicense $license} {}"
invoked from within
"if [ErrorCatch errorStack 0 {TuneKernelForLicense $license} {}]..."
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach license $licenses {
if [ErrorCatch errorStack 0 {TuneKernelForLicense $license} {}]
{
lappend tunedList [list $license $er ..."
(procedure "TuneKernelChoiceTuneCB" line 31)
invoked from within
"TuneKernelChoiceTuneCB {{dialog
..licenseMgr.licenseBrowser_popup.licenseBrowser.l icenseBrowser.outer_choice_popup.outer_choice.choi ce}
{widget .licens ..."
invoked from within
"VtMainLoop"
("uplevel" body line 58)
invoked from within
"uplevel $command"
Roger Cornelius [email]racpoptenzing.org[/email]