Professional Web Applications Themes

6.0 Professional does not have Forms Tool Bar - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I am stuck in Adobe upgrade hell. I used to have 5.0 and was able to create forms. I upgraded to 6.0 Standard and discovered that the forms feature was not available. I then upgraded to 6.0 Professional specifically to be able to create forms. At least for my three computer network, 6.0 Pro still provides no way to create forms. HELP describes being able to go to the Advanced Menu, selecting forms, and then selecting the forms toolbar. There is no forms toolbar to select. I cannot follow the help instructions to create form fields because the features and ...

  1. #1

    Default 6.0 Professional does not have Forms Tool Bar

    I am stuck in Adobe upgrade hell. I used to have 5.0 and was able to create forms. I upgraded to 6.0 Standard and discovered that the forms feature was not available. I then upgraded to 6.0 Professional specifically to be able to create forms. At least for my three computer network, 6.0 Pro still provides no way to create forms.

    HELP describes being able to go to the Advanced Menu, selecting forms, and then selecting the forms toolbar. There is no forms toolbar to select. I cannot follow the help instructions to create form fields because the features and options that are described in HELP simply do not exist in my program.

    It's as if I'm still looking at 6.0 Standard but the computer indicates that I have installed 6.0 Professional. Before posting this message, I uninstalled everything, reinstalled 5.0, disabled Norton Anti-Virus Enterprise, then installed 6.0 Professional using the "upgrade" disc sent to me and opting for a complete installation. Adobe's troubleshooting guides do not address this issue.

    I'm operating Windows XP Pro on the work stations with Windows Small Business Server 2000 on the server.

    I'm beyond frustration and appreciate any suggestions that will allow me to use what I paid for.
    andrea_phelps@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 6.0 Professional does not have Forms Tool Bar

    HELP describes being able to go to the Advanced Menu, selecting forms,
    and then selecting the forms toolbar. There is no forms toolbar to select.

    Try Tools > Advanced Editing > Forms > Show Forms Toolbar

    Robert_Oliver@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, Robert, thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, when I go to the Advanced Menu and choose Select Forms, "Show Forms Toolbar" is not listed as an option. When I highlight Select Forms on the Advanced Menu, the only options presented are Import Forms Data, Export Forms Data, Fields, Page Templates, and Set Field Calculation Order. When I select "fields", my options are "create multiple copies" and "duplicate." Most of these options listed are greyed out.

    What do you think? R, Andrea
    andrea_phelps@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Robert - immediately after posting the above, I reread your message and found the toolbar. Thank you from an embarrassed but grateful computer user. Andrea
    andrea_phelps@adobeforums.com Guest