Professional Web Applications Themes

80 pages to create!!! - how can i save some time - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Sounds like something that might benefit from incorporating a database. That way you would just need one page that reads in a url parameter and displays the appropriate information. craig "JimmyRiddle99" <just4junkherehotmail.com> wrote in message news:bejuke$7rj$1forums.macromedia.com... Hi there. Im in the middle of putting a website together + the next stage is to prepare over 80 pages which will just consist of different company's details and addresses...etc. Is there a way to somehow get round creating 80 separate dreamweaver pages? If i was to do it now i would literally create a template to use + just copy and paste ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: 80 pages to create!!! - how can i save some time

    Sounds like something that might benefit from incorporating a database. That
    way you would just need one page that reads in a url parameter and displays
    the appropriate information.

    craig

    "JimmyRiddle99" <just4junkherehotmail.com> wrote in message
    Hi there.

    Im in the middle of putting a website together + the next stage is to
    prepare over 80 pages which will just consist of different company's details
    and addresses...etc. Is there a way to somehow get round creating 80
    separate dreamweaver pages?
    If i was to do it now i would literally create a template to use + just copy
    and paste the details from a text file. Then set the text using the css
    styles i have already set up in the template. It's easy but it's gonna take
    ages.

    Thanks in advance.

    JimR99

    craig v Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks Craig,
    Yeah, i was thinking that, but was hoping it wasnt the answer. Do you know
    how i would go about setting that up? Is there any good 'off the shelf'
    databases to buy? Or can you at least point me to some good tutorials.

    Thanks again,

    JimR99

    "craig v" <craig765spamless-> wrote in message
    > Sounds like something that might benefit from incorporating a database.
    That
    > way you would just need one page that reads in a url parameter and
    displays
    > the appropriate information.
    >
    > craig
    >
    > "JimmyRiddle99" <just4junkherehotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there.
    >
    > Im in the middle of putting a website together + the next stage is to
    > prepare over 80 pages which will just consist of different company's
    details
    > and addresses...etc. Is there a way to somehow get round creating 80
    > separate dreamweaver pages?
    > If i was to do it now i would literally create a template to use + just
    copy
    > and paste the details from a text file. Then set the text using the css
    > styles i have already set up in the template. It's easy but it's gonna
    take
    > ages.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > JimR99

    JimmyRiddle99 Guest

  3. #3

    It's actually very easy to do, but can be a small hurdle if you are doing it
    for the first time. What type of server is your site going to be hosted on?
    Let me know that and I can point you to some decent tutorials or help you a
    bit myself.

    Thanks Craig,
    Yeah, i was thinking that, but was hoping it wasnt the answer. Do you know
    how i would go about setting that up? Is there any good 'off the shelf'
    databases to buy? Or can you at least point me to some good tutorials.

    Thanks again,

    JimR99

    "craig v" <craig765spamless-> wrote in message
    > Sounds like something that might benefit from incorporating a database.
    That
    > way you would just need one page that reads in a url parameter and
    displays
    > the appropriate information.
    >
    > craig
    >
    > "JimmyRiddle99" <just4junkherehotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there.
    >
    > Im in the middle of putting a website together + the next stage is to
    > prepare over 80 pages which will just consist of different company's
    details
    > and addresses...etc. Is there a way to somehow get round creating 80
    > separate dreamweaver pages?
    > If i was to do it now i would literally create a template to use + just
    copy
    > and paste the details from a text file. Then set the text using the css
    > styles i have already set up in the template. It's easy but it's gonna
    take
    > ages.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > JimR99

    craig v Guest

  4. #4

    Bruce - Thanks for the lead, and also for the honest caveat.
    warren

    wrrn Guest

  5. #5

    I tried downloading the phpdev4 bundle (PHP4.06 / Apache1.3.20 / MySQL3.23 ),
    but the server said that the bandwidth had been maxxed, and to try again next
    month!
    Any idea where else to download this version/bundle?
    thanks,
    warren

    wrrn Guest

  6. #6

    on DMXzone there;s a pretty easy tutorial on how to add PHP/ MySQL
    functionality to your page
    [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=28&NewsId=5166[/url]

    caveat: it costs $1.99 and I work for the company

    "wrrn" <mailSPAMLESSwarrenize.com> wrote in message
    > Craig - I'm a complete database newbee and I'd love to be pointed to a
    tutorial
    > for unix/PHP/mySql.

    Bruce Lawson Guest

  7. #7