Professional Web Applications Themes

9.0.115.0 Fullscreen Bug on Vista - Macromedia Flash Player

Greetings, I've yet upgraded to 9.0.115.0 and installed successfully. However I noticed videos in fullscreen gives screen such as following scrreenshot: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7563/90115jz4.jpg I have uninstalled using uninstall utility, and reinstalled it cleaner. Problem did not change. I thought it might be problem of my FLV player, so I decided to try on various websites such as infamous Youtube. Fullscreen error was exactly same. Currently my computer specs are following: Intel Core2Quad 6600 2.4 GHz 2,048 MB of Ram Palit ATI Radeon HD2600 XT , 512 MB video card... Windows Vista Ultimate Screen Resolution: 1680x1050 It worked perfectly on my virtual ...

  1. #1

    Default 9.0.115.0 Fullscreen Bug on Vista

    Greetings,

    I've yet upgraded to 9.0.115.0 and installed successfully. However I noticed
    videos in fullscreen gives screen such as following scrreenshot:

    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7563/90115jz4.jpg

    I have uninstalled using uninstall utility, and reinstalled it cleaner.
    Problem did not change. I thought it might be problem of my FLV player, so I
    decided to try on various websites such as infamous Youtube. Fullscreen error
    was exactly same.

    Currently my computer specs are following:
    Intel Core2Quad 6600 2.4 GHz
    2,048 MB of Ram
    Palit ATI Radeon HD2600 XT , 512 MB video card...
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Screen Resolution: 1680x1050

    It worked perfectly on my virtual PC using Windows XP, however did same on my
    other friend's Windows Vista. Every animation and video plays perfectly fine,
    but fullscreen video is out of question.

    SiSLA Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 9.0.115.0 Fullscreen Bug on Vista

    And that makes me wonder, after this entire beta period, no developer ever tried new build on Vista?
    SiSLA Guest

  3. #3

    SisLa, please open a support case using the contact Technical Support section
    of http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer. We'll have somebody check it
    out. Let me know what your case number is once you have one.

    BWolfe Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you BWolfe,

    Case opened, and sent case number to you in PM
    SiSLA Guest

  5. #5

    I'm getting the same problem. Works fine full screen in Internet Explorer 7,
    but only shows two black and grey triangles when using Firefox (3 beta 1) or
    Opera (9.24). This is in Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit, using the latest
    version of Flash Player. (9.0.115.0)

    Takarii Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks SiSLA.. I'm having someone get in touch with you to gather more info.
    BWolfe Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you Mr. Wolfe,

    And for Takarii, can you double check if IE7 version is also 9,0,115,0 through Flash version checker?
    SiSLA Guest

  8. #8

    Aha, very perceptive! Somehow that inconsistency didn't strike me as odd. You are correct, Internet Explorer is indeed using the previous version 9.0.47.0.
    Takarii Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you for that, as far as I saw so far, 9,0,115,0 fullscreen bug is same
    for entire OS, not individual browser, so you corrected me so, we can assume,
    if your IE is upgraded to 9,0,115,0 too , it will be bugged as well.

    SiSLA Guest

  10. #10

    Two things to keep in mind here:
    1. Flash Player is an ActiveX control for IE Windows. And a plug-in for
    everything else. So it looks like this might be specific to the plug-in.

    2. Flash Player is 32-bit only. So the 64-bit test would be irrelevant.

    Takari, you can open a case if you like too. :)

    BWolfe Guest

  11. #11

    Well, I firstly installed Active X, from 9.0.47, IE could not show fullscreen
    Upgraded my Opera and Firefox, then they started to bug from fullscreen too.
    So my guess was it is specific to "9.0.115.0 on entire OS", and both ActiveX
    and Plugin suffers from the same bug.

    SiSLA Guest

  12. #12

    [q]Originally posted by: SiSLA
    Well, I firstly installed Active X, from 9.0.47, IE could not show fullscreen
    Upgraded my Opera and Firefox, then they started to bug from fullscreen too.
    So my guess was it is specific to "9.0.115.0 on entire OS", and both ActiveX
    and Plugin suffers from the same bug.[/q]

    My suspicion is that it's going to be specific to your video card or drivers..
    but my guys will gather that info from you and we'll go from there...

    BWolfe Guest

  13. #13

    I just hope it is from drivers, if that's only thing. I'm using 7.11
    (currently latest) drivers of ATI for Vista (32-bit) , what hits me through is,
    I did not do any other updates before I installed , it was still 7.11 drivers
    and 9.0.47.0 was running beautifully.

    Actually I feel a bit ashamed not to report this during beta stage, because I
    was looking for wmode = opaque option where also can run fullscreen (Jeroen
    wijering's player) in their forums, they directed me to beta version of this
    one, after trying beta and having this very same bug, I uninstalled it and went
    back to 9.0.47.0 to have correct fullscreen and thought "heck, it is a beta,
    can be fixed by time it is released obviously" , seems noone encountered this
    during beta.

    SiSLA Guest

  14. #14

    I'm using the same graphics card and drivers as you are SiSLA - ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT and Catalyst 7.11, so please let me know if you figure out what the problem is, I will be most grateful.
    Takarii Guest

  15. #15

    I've sent news to other friends about the issue, they will also inform me with their hardware and results of Flash 9.0.115.0 test on their Vistas.
    SiSLA Guest

  16. #16

    Alright, I think can narrow it to ATI problem (or at least Graphics card
    problem)

    Installed it to onboard Graphics chip Intel board Vista laptop, it didnt have
    such issues.

    However, can not say if it is driver or not. Since old drivers were also
    having this bug with beta like 1,1-5 months ago. And also new drivers were
    working great on 9.0.47.0...

    SiSLA Guest

  17. #17

    Thanks a lot for your prompt investigative work SiSLA, much appreciated!
    Disabling hardware acceleration works swimmingly :grin; Now I can enjoy
    fullscreen playback in my favourite browsers once again.

    Takarii Guest

  18. #18

    It's still something to be fixed. a 512 mb card with DirectX 10 capabilities,
    showing entire Aero skin etc., can not accelerate a 2D video render, is hard to
    believe. Either ATI, or Adobe at least should communicate with each other to
    resolve the issue.

    SiSLA Guest

  19. #19

    Sisla, we're absolutely going to have Flash Player Engineering take a look at
    this. We just had a Flash Player security update that took up all my time.
    That's out the door, so I'm going to try to write this up today (before I leave
    on vacation on Thursday). But if I can't get to it I'm going to pass it to my
    teammate. But we're absolutely going to look at it, and mgmt assures me they
    can work with ATI...

    BWolfe Guest

  20. #20

    Thank you so much Mr. Wolfe, I'm looking forward to it :)
    SiSLA Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast