Professional Web Applications Themes

_vti_cnf Folder! - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have a folder named _vti_cnf which has been automatically produced for my web site by Dreamweaver. This folder has no files in it. Could any one tell me what this folder is for and if it is ok for me to delete it? Thank you Aroon...

  1. #1

    Default _vti_cnf Folder!

    I have a folder named _vti_cnf which has been automatically produced for my web site by Dreamweaver. This folder has no files in it. Could any one tell me what this folder is for and if it is ok for me to delete it?

    Thank you

    Aroon

    Aroonkumar Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: _vti_cnf Folder!

    its a web site statistics log folder, usually produced by your host.

    I have not seen DW create this folder before

    joe
    #

    "Aroonkumar" <com> wrote in message
    my web site by Dreamweaver. This folder has no files in it. Could any one
    tell me what this folder is for and if it is ok for me to delete it?

    joey Guest

  3. #3

    To Joe or anyone else who can answer the question below. Thankyou

    Hi Joe. Thanks for ur message. Have another question. What do you mean by host? Is the host Dreamweaver , internet explorer or my operating system -XP? Also, is it ok for me to delete this folder. I have no files in it?

    I apologise if the above are stupid questions. I am very novice at all things computer related!

    Thanking you in advance

    Aroon

    P.S. Tried to email you the above message, but for some reason it was not delivered.

    Aroonkumar Guest

  4. #4

    Its FrontPage extensions, and they were not created by Dreamweaver.
     [/ref]
    if your not using features that require FrontPage extensions you can.

    --
    Kevin Marshall
    WebXeL.com Ltd

    ASP.NET Dreamweaver Extensions
    http://www.webxel-dw.co.uk

    "Aroonkumar" <com> wrote in message
    my web site by Dreamweaver. This folder has no files in it. Could any one
    tell me what this folder is for and if it is ok for me to delete it?

    Kevin Guest

  5. #5

    > I have a folder named _vti_cnf which has been automatically produced for
    my web site by Dreamweaver.

    Those are FrontPage Extensions installed server-side to provide Microsoft
    FrontPage support for your account. They probably appeared if you've
    synchronised your local directory via DW with the remote directory and
    downloaded them to your local drive.
    If you're not using FrontPage, you should be able to remove them without
    affecting anything else.

    --
    Regards

    John Waller

    John Guest

  6. #6

    Fair enough, Murray.

    I was just thinking of situations where a couple of ISP's I have used in
    Australia have had _vti folders present server-side.When I synch'ed my local
    site, I got the _vti folders copied to my local drive which I then cleaned
    up locally and remotely.

    --
    Regards

    John Waller

    John Guest

  7. #7

    I've had a couple hosts that do the same thing. When I email them about they
    respond by saying "If you don't use 'em, just ignore 'em".

    --
    Bill Horvath

    Extending Knowledge, Daily
    http://www.communityMX.com/
    CommunityMX - Free Resources:
    http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
    No registration req'd for free content
    ---

    "John Waller" <com.au> wrote in message
    local

    Bill Guest

  8. #8

    I used to use MS Visual Interdev... and that created these folders.

    I now use DW MX and deleted all the folders that I dont actually use.

    DW MX does create some folders for its own things depending on what
    settings you have. eg it creates a "_Notes" folder to put design notes
    in.

    HTH

    Al

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 23:57:33 -0700, "Bill .:CMX:."
    <com> wrote:

    Harag Guest