Professional Web Applications Themes

a box with six different images in each side. - Macromedia Director 3D

I have not idea of how to work with 3d objects in director, so, i work my 3d models in 3dmax. I have a box in 3dmax, with six different images, each one to each side of the box. At this point, i have any problem, but when i export this box in w3d format, there's only one image assigned to the box. So, is there a way to assign the other five images to the shockwave model inside director?. I'm a new difector user, and i want to know if there's a step by step manual or guidebook for ...

  1. #1

    Default a box with six different images in each side.

    I have not idea of how to work with 3d objects in director, so, i work my 3d
    models in 3dmax. I have a box in 3dmax, with six different images, each one to
    each side of the box. At this point, i have any problem, but when i export this
    box in w3d format, there's only one image assigned to the box. So, is there a
    way to assign the other five images to the shockwave model inside director?.
    I'm a new difector user, and i want to know if there's a step by step manual or
    guidebook for this kind of stuff. ( of course, my english is not very good );
    my interaction with director is just to make some presentations of my work, (
    i'm architect ), and, please, i need help.

    SAYEG Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: a box with six different images in each side.

    yes you can assign to a single polygon a different shader. works only with
    added meshdeform modifier. but if you only want to use a cube, than you can
    simply generate a cube with lingo and you will get a cube with six different
    sides to apply shaders to.

    see this demo:

    [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/colorcube.zip[/url]

    if you want to do a skybox you maybe have to go a different way.

    hondo3000 Guest

  3. #3

    Hi hondo3000, thanks a lot for your reply. Here's my problem, i want to try
    some alternative for cubic panoramics photos, I'm using qtvr quicktime right
    now, and if i publish to projector, this works fine, but if i publish to dcr
    and html, the qtvr panoramics don't load or something, but there's any problem
    message. So, i want to try with a box; i have the six photos for this; in
    3dsmax this way works fine, but when i export to w3d, the box takes just one
    picture for texture. The idea is place the box, place a camera at the center of
    the box, assign textures to the box, and control the pan and tilt of the
    camera. Is this possible?. or i'm just dreaming?. Anyway, please remember, my
    experience in director is very poor, just for presentations with buttons to
    move around the movie. Thanks again for your reply.

    SAYEG Guest

  4. #4

    > i want to try
    > some alternative for cubic panoramics photos
    If you provide enough detail first time around you're more likely to get
    targetted help quickly ;-)

    Check out:
    [url]http://www.inludo.com/tuts/skybox01.htm[/url]
    Sean Wilson Guest

  5. #5

    That's wath i'm talking about. A great example. I'll give a try to your source,
    honestly i don't undertand a lot, but i'll try. Just another question, how can
    i add hotspots or links to this box?. Thanks a lot.

    SAYEG Guest

  6. #6

    you can go different ways:
    fist you need to use modelunderloc to point into the scene and detect models.
    you can now place objects into the scene where you want to have hotspots and
    click on them. you can make these models invisible so you will not see them
    but still be able to find them with modelsunderloc.

    or you can go and read the uv coordinates and specifie in this way areas. i
    think at the moment that it should be very simple to make a it with circular
    areas, where you detect the destance to a given point or with rectangles, where
    you look if the clicked point is in a rectangle.

    but you can build your hotspots in a dummy box in your 3d authoring tool. take
    a look at the property "pScale" in the skybox download from the link above.
    this will scale your box up, it is set to 1 at the moment, but you can even set
    it to 100 to make your box bigger.
    then put it onto the stage and let the skybox script run over it to generate
    the skybox in your w3d.

    hondo3000 Guest

  7. #7

    Ok, so i'm not dreaming after all. I'm going to try all this and will let you know the results. Thanks a lot for your help. Any other suggestion will be well received. (sorry for my english).
    SAYEG Guest

  8. #8

    > Hi hondo3000, thanks a lot for your reply. Here's my problem, i want to try
    > some alternative for cubic panoramics photos,
    You could also have a look at the SPi-V engine:
    [url]www.fieldofview.nl/spv[/url]

    [url]www.fieldofview.nl/pano-fullscreen[/url]
    > Anyway, please remember, my
    > experience in director is very poor, just for presentations with buttons to
    > move around the movie.
    SPi-V can be used as a Linked Director Movie. The engine would be like
    any other type of sprites, and can be communicated with through behaviors.

    'do
    Aldo Hoeben Guest