Professional Web Applications Themes

A different take on the speed of Photoshop 8 - Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator

It has only been a couple of hours since I installed Photoshop 8, but so far its speed has simply n me away. It's much faster than 7.0.1 on this Dual 1.25MHz G4 with 2GB of RAM, amazingly so. I'm posting this in the light of the frustration that some have reported with speed issues in 8. Also, it will give me an opportunity to report on any subsequent loss of speed, if any, and try to relate it to setup issues. Thanks, Adobe!...

  1. #1

    Default A different take on the speed of Photoshop 8

    It has only been a couple of hours since I installed Photoshop 8, but so far its speed has simply n me away. It's much faster than 7.0.1 on this Dual 1.25MHz G4 with 2GB of RAM, amazingly so. I'm posting this in the light of the frustration that some have reported with speed issues in 8. Also, it will give me an opportunity to report on any subsequent loss of speed, if any, and try to relate it to setup issues.

    Thanks, Adobe!
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: A different take on the speed of Photoshop 8

    Removed by Administrator
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I don't know about the cat, Ann, but Photoshop 8 is sure making me happy.

    Actually, I'm adapting to Panther, like I knew I would, eventually.

    I'm still waiting for FAP to support Classic. I have it installed in Panther but the applications don't see the fonts on Classic. I emailed tech support, and they said Classic support is coming “real soon now”. They offered me a beta version, but I'm too new to Panther to beta test anything in it yet.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I'd bet money that "they" want your expertise (as is) for beta-testing.
    Todie@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Todie,

    Back then when Suitcase was essentially a one-man operation, I was one of Steve Brecher's early beta testers; but the situation was vastly different then. For one, I was thoroughly familiar with the Mac operating system of the time, and, for another one, Steve had just began to experiment with WYSIWYG font menus and there were not many users using Cyrillic fonts at the time who could give him feedback on the resulting mess. I did find some pretty nasty bugs at the time, which Steve always fixed with lightning speed. FedEx was at my door daily.

    Now, if something went wrong, I would not be in a position to blame it either on FAP or Panther. Useless for beta testing.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Wow! The new Bicubic Smoother resampling is amazing and very, very fast.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Cool Ramon!
    LRK@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I just knew you'd like it Ramon. I took me a while when OSX first came out. I was bouncing back and forth between 9 & X. But just like using the Wacom after hiding your mouse for 2 weeks in the bottom draw and using just the tablet you find it hard to go back to the old ways. glad you like it. B)
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Took you a while, Buko? Remember how long it took me?
    LRK@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Took you a while, Buko?

    must have been at least a week B)
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I had a friend call me yesterday, asking for help with his iMac and OS 9.0.4. He had some issues with Control Panels and some other stuff.

    I've only been using OS X since Xmas day 2003, but I'm already losing track of how to offer help in OS 9. If I'm sitting in front of the actual box, I can do it, but over the phone—like I used to do all the time, from memory—forget it.

    I'm a full OS X convert, but I still run Photoshop 7.0.1 in Classic so that I still have access to some legacy plugins.
    Phosphor@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I am using photoshop 7.0 , which is runs through windows 7 and I easily access through many times. Now I am looking for photoshop 8, Let's what will happen while I am using it?
    annahussy is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012
    Location
    india