Professional Web Applications Themes

A free VCD program for mac - Mac Networking

Does any exists????? Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm...

  1. #1

    Default A free VCD program for mac

    Does any exists????? Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm
    Mark T. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: A free VCD program for mac

    Mark T. <mat40marylandearthlink.net> wrote:
    > Does any exists?????
    A search at versiontracker.com turned up a couple. Do a search there on
    "vcd" and you'll be able to compare them.
    > Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm
    Oh no, that's not how Usenet works. You post in public, we respond in
    public. Also, even if I were inclined to respond by email, you want me
    to go through the extra effort of copying and pasting a different
    address.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  3. #3

    Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > That's very rigid of you. Some might say that Usenet works by providing an
    > opporunity for people to post domain-related items to other people. If
    > they chose to ask one of those people for a private communication, who are
    > you to say they aren't allowed this choice?
    >
    > (I defend to the death your personal right to refuse such a request: but
    > why the lecturette as well?)
    If I didn't to it, someone else would have. It's considered a breach of
    netiquette to request a private response to a post. If someone takes
    time to respond to your query, you should be willing to take the time
    to read the response in the group.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  4. #4

    In article <1fz44k6.bh8j1d1xllluyN%mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid >,
    [email]mikePOSTTOGROUP.inva[/email]lid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:
    > Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > > That's very rigid of you. Some might say that Usenet works by providing an
    > > opporunity for people to post domain-related items to other people. If
    > > they chose to ask one of those people for a private communication, who are
    > > you to say they aren't allowed this choice?
    > >
    > > (I defend to the death your personal right to refuse such a request: but
    > > why the lecturette as well?)
    >
    > If I didn't to it, someone else would have. It's considered a breach of
    > netiquette to request a private response to a post. If someone takes
    > time to respond to your query, you should be willing to take the time
    > to read the response in the group.
    But then again, the whole thread is now off-topic, so three of us are
    breaking the etiquettes rules espoused. :-)
    David Turley Guest

  5. #5

    David Turley <dturleypobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
    > But then again, the whole thread is now off-topic, so three of us are
    > breaking the etiquettes rules espoused. :-)
    Ouch, a TKO! Well, to get it back on topic, I'd suggest that the
    original poster tell us which Mac OS version he's using, which would
    make it possible to mention specific programs. I noticed at
    VersionTracker that the OS X choices are different than the OS 9
    program.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  6. #6

    Mike Rosenberg <mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote:
    > Well, to get it back on topic, I'd suggest that the
    > original poster tell us which Mac OS version he's using, which would
    > make it possible to mention specific programs. I noticed at
    > VersionTracker that the OS X choices are different than the OS 9
    > program.
    Hmmm, it just hit me that this never had anything to do with
    communications in the first place and should have gone in c.s.m.apps in
    the first place...

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  7. #7

    In article <1fz47j2.x4nmsm4yu2ahN%mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid> ,
    [email]mikePOSTTOGROUP.inva[/email]lid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:
    > David Turley <dturleypobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
    >
    > > But then again, the whole thread is now off-topic, so three of us are
    > > breaking the etiquettes rules espoused. :-)
    >
    > Ouch, a TKO! Well, to get it back on topic,
    All in good fun. :-)
    David Turley Guest

  8. #8

    In article
    <0001HW.BB52E5320265D4BBF0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>, Devi
    Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > That's very rigid of you. Some might say that Usenet works by providing an
    > opporunity for people to post domain-related items to other people. If they
    > chose to ask one of those people for a private communication, who are you to
    > say they aren't allowed this choice?
    But then again, who are you to say that the rude behavior of asking a
    question in this public newsgroup, then insisting on a private reply by
    email, should be tolerated by the rest of us as a matter of course.

    That is like going into a room, announcing in a loud voice that one
    needs help, then insisting that anyone who responds go out on the
    terrace and whisper the help in one's ear. Very rude to all the other
    people whose time was wasted by listening to the request for help.

    The way to handle something like this IMO would be for the OP to
    request an email reply _in_ _addition_ _to_ the public reply, that
    way everyone is happy, including all the people who would otherwise
    feel their time had been wasted by listening to someone who belatedly
    demands a private reply to a question of interest to all the group.

    Just my two-cents worth of course, your milage may vary. ;-)

    Mark-
    Mark Conrad Guest

  9. #9

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 20:30:09 +0100, Mark Conrad wrote
    (in message <030820031234312889%nospamiam.invalid>):
    > In article
    > <0001HW.BB52E5320265D4BBF0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>, Devi
    > Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >> That's very rigid of you. Some might say that Usenet works by providing an
    >> opporunity for people to post domain-related items to other people. If
    >> they
    >> chose to ask one of those people for a private communication, who are you
    >> say they aren't allowed this choice?
    >
    > But then again, who are you to say that the rude behavior of asking a
    > question in this public newsgroup, then should be tolerated by the rest of
    us as a matter of course.

    > That is like going into a room, announcing in a loud voice that one
    > needs help, then insisting that anyone who responds go out on the
    > terrace and whisper the help in one's ear. Very rude to all the other
    > people whose time was wasted by listening to the request for help.
    >
    > The way to handle something like this IMO would be for the OP to
    > request an email reply _in_ _addition_ _to_ the public reply, that
    > way everyone is happy, including all the people who would otherwise
    > feel their time had been wasted by listening to someone who belatedly
    > demands a private reply to a question of interest to all the group.
    >
    > Just my two-cents worth of course, your milage may vary. ;-)
    >
    > Mark-
    What a load of cobblers. (Just my two cents of course, your mileaage may
    vary, mimble mimble, wrings hands, Barkis is willin', responsibility
    abnegation signals issued, etc etc.)

    Why cobblers? Because you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

    When Mark T posted, there was no
    > insisting on a private reply by email,
    and certainly, no
    > announcing in a loud voice
    or
    > insisting that anyone who responds
    etc. etc.

    Nor was he demanding, or belated:
    > belatedly demands a private reply

    He simply _asked_, and he asked quietly, and politely. Here is the entire
    content of his message:
    >> Does any exists????? Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm
    Do have a sense of proportion.

    Kind regards,
    Devi

    PS I agree with the sugegstion in the first part of your second paragraoph as
    a worthy compromise, though.
    Pax pax pax (my own crummy and old-fashioned equivalent of your 'your
    mileage' (ugh) 'may vary' phrase)

    Devi Jankowicz Guest

  10. #10

    In article
    <0001HW.BB5334CC026A7752F0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>,
    Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > He simply _asked_, and he asked quietly, and politely. Here is the entire
    > content of his message:
    >
    > >> Does any exists????? Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm
    >
    > Do have a sense of proportion.
    How 'xactly was this "polite"? You might notice the address is f'd up,
    too. How convenient.
    Vincent Vega Guest

  11. #11

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:16:06 +0100, Vincent Vega wrote
    (in message <vvega493-6C86D9.15160503082003news.verizon.net>):
    > In article
    > <0001HW.BB5334CC026A7752F0101600news.cache.cable. ntlworld.com>,
    > Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >> He simply _asked_, and he asked quietly, and politely. Here is the entire
    >> content of his message:

    >> Do have a sense of proportion.
    >
    > How 'xactly was this "polite"? You might notice the address is f'd up,
    > too. How convenient.
    " 'xactly "?

    He said "please".

    Is that " 'xact" enough for you?

    Kind regards,
    Devi

    Devi Jankowicz Guest

  12. #12

    Devi Jankowicz <animusntlworld.com> wrote:
    > He said "please".
    >
    > Is that " 'xact" enough for you?
    As I pointed out in my original response to him (in which I also
    answered his question, BTW, so it wasn't simply a lecture), I pointed
    out that he has one email address set in his newsreader but requested a
    reply to another. Someone else also pointed this out in response to you
    later. Asking someone to take the time to help you and making it
    inconvenient to respond isn't polite, and prefixing it with "please"
    doesn't change that.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  13. #13

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:27:26 +0100, Mike Rosenberg wrote
    (in message <1fz5qfy.1qkz6o1mz0xc4N%mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid>) :
    > As I pointed out in my original response to him (in which I also
    > answered his question, BTW, so it wasn't simply a lecture), I pointed
    > out that he has one email address set in his newsreader but requested a
    > reply to another. Someone else also pointed this out in response to you
    > later. Asking someone to take the time to help you and making it
    > inconvenient to respond isn't polite, and prefixing it with "please"
    > doesn't change that.
    Mike, for heavens sake, specifying a different address that's in the header
    isn't a crime. People often do just that when they respond to someone from
    their work machine but need a reply to their machine at home.

    Inconvenient? It would have cost you two seconds to type in the new one
    instead of autoresponding to the old one. And you know very well that one
    frequently has to do just that (e.g. when originating postings; or in
    replying, to avoid propagating cross-posts): it's no big deal.

    Kind regards,
    Devi

    Devi Jankowicz Guest

  14. #14

    In article <4a41355.0308021724.2a624002posting.google.com> ,
    [email]mat40marylandearthlink.net[/email] (Mark T.) wrote:
    > Does any exists????? Please email me privately...........m.truslowmac.ocm
    If you are looking to play VCD's EyeTV works. It's actually a program
    meant to work with their TV tuner, but will play VCD's as well.

    Search VersionTracker.com for it.

    Loren
    Loren Finkelstein Guest