Professional Web Applications Themes

A perfromance measurement tool for AIX - Linux / Unix Administration

hi gurus ! I'm looking for a system/process performance measurement tool, similar to glance on HP-UX. I need a tool that i can run in a script, non-interactively (similar to "glance -adviser_only " option on HP-UX). I have never seen AIX before ;-( Would you please advise for such a tool (just the tool name and where can i get some info regarding it). Thanks a lot in advance. Andre....

  1. #1

    Default A perfromance measurement tool for AIX

    hi gurus !
    I'm looking for a system/process performance measurement tool, similar
    to glance on HP-UX.
    I need a tool that i can run in a script, non-interactively (similar
    to "glance -adviser_only " option on HP-UX).
    I have never seen AIX before ;-(
    Would you please advise for such a tool (just the tool name and where
    can i get some info regarding it). Thanks a lot in advance.
    Andre.
    Andre Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: A perfromance measurement tool for AIX

    Andre wrote:

    A lot of folk sem to like nmon. First hit for "nmon" in google.
    Simon Guest

  3. #3

    com (Andre) wrote:

    IBM have a thing called Performance Tool Kit for AIX, similar to HP's
    Glance.

    Ted.
    | Ted Linnell <net.au> |
    | |
    | Nunawading, Victoria , Australia |
    Ted Guest

  4. #4

    Ted Linnell wrote: [/ref]
    similar [/ref]
    where

    > IBM have a thing called Performance Tool Kit for AIX, similar to HP's
    > Glance.[/ref]

    The performance tool kit agent should be bundled on your installation
    CD's.

    Filesets of interest:
    bos.perf
    perfagent.tools

    AIX 5L performance tools handbook:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246039.pdf
    --
    Dana French

    dfrench@mtxia.com Guest

  5. #5

    com (Andre) wrote in message news:<google.com>

    A MeasureWare / Glance client is availabe for AIX, too.
    It requires DCE, and works flawless.
    I didn't install it myself and can't find the filesets right now, maybe just
    contact HP in case You want to run it on AIX.

    Regards,
    Florian
    Florian Guest

  6. #6

    de (Florian Heigl) wrote:

    >A MeasureWare / Glance client is availabe for AIX, too.
    >It requires DCE, and works flawless.
    >I didn't install it myself and can't find the filesets right now, maybe just
    >contact HP in case You want to run it on AIX.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Florian[/ref]
    Indeed,

    Glance/Measureware is available for a number of non HP systems.
    I have used Measureware on both Solaris and AIX. Part of a project we
    started on HP-UX to collect performance stats and generate graphs for
    display on our intranet. Decided to use Measureware on AIX and Solaris
    to be consistent with what we had done on HP-UX. Worked well.

    Ted.
    | Ted Linnell <net.au> |
    | |

  7. #7

    Ted Linnell wrote:

    >>A MeasureWare / Glance client is availabe for AIX, too.
    >>It requires DCE, and works flawless.
    >>I didn't install it myself and can't find the filesets right now, maybe just
    >>contact HP in case You want to run it on AIX.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Florian[/ref]
    >
    > Indeed,
    >
    > Glance/Measureware is available for a number of non HP systems.
    > I have used Measureware on both Solaris and AIX. Part of a project we
    > started on HP-UX to collect performance stats and generate graphs for
    > display on our intranet. Decided to use Measureware on AIX and Solaris
    > to be consistent with what we had done on HP-UX. Worked well.
    >
    > Ted.
    > ================================================== ============
    > | Ted Linnell <net.au> |
    > | |
    > | Nunawading, Victoria , Australia |
    > ================================================== ============[/ref]
    I thought it was avail but I didnt get to look, the nice thing is that
    you can use the same parm files on all of your arch's and get
    "consistent" results across all of them, for the most part.
    Alan Guest

  8. #8

    "Andre" <com> wrote in message

    Hello Andre,
    Check out the DPMonitor at www.deltek.us extremely low
    overhead agent collects stats and info, and display them graphically
    on a separate "explorer console" process which runs on a Windows
    workstation.

    Agents for AIX 4.3/5.1, Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, and
    Windows /NT 4.0/ 2000 / XP / Server.

    AIX 5.2, Solaris 2.9, and W2K3 Server Agent Support to be
    released shortly.

    Scott Guest