Professional Web Applications Themes

A picture is worth a thousand words - Photography

Hi everybody! How cool is Google Groups! As a brief introduction, my name is David and I am a university student from Melbourne, Australia. I am currently working on a personal project at [url]www.1000words.net[/url] which invites visitors to share the memories, emotions or creative stories that are triggered by a photograph of personal significance. I hope to publish a new photoessay daily. However, I am in dire need of contributions! The site provides some idea of what the concept is about and perhaps will encourage people to contribute or read the photo essays. Feel free to contact me at the ...

  1. #1

    Default A picture is worth a thousand words

    Hi everybody!

    How cool is Google Groups!

    As a brief introduction, my name is David and I am a university
    student from Melbourne, Australia. I am currently working on a
    personal project at [url]www.1000words.net[/url] which invites visitors to share
    the memories, emotions or creative stories that are triggered by a
    photograph of personal significance. I hope to publish a new
    photoessay daily.

    However, I am in dire need of contributions! The site provides some
    idea of what the concept is about and perhaps will encourage people to
    contribute or read the photo essays. Feel free to contact me at the
    site with any queries, suggestions or comments. I look forward to
    hearing what people think of the project.

    Well, thanks for reading! If you could spread the word to anyone who
    might be interested in making a contribution or reading the
    photoessays, that would be particularly cool.

    Cheers,
    David
    David Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: A picture is worth a thousand words

    Interesting project......

    --
    (B>)# I wish you well.....
    Al Jacobson

    ajacobs2 Guest

  3. #3

    On 19 Jul 2003 07:44:11 -0700, [email]david1000words.net[/email] (David) wrote:
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > How cool is Google Groups!
    >
    > As a brief introduction, my name is David and I am a university
    > student from Melbourne, Australia. I am currently working on a
    > personal project at [url]www.1000words.net[/url] which invites visitors to share
    > the memories, emotions or creative stories that are triggered by a
    > photograph of personal significance. I hope to publish a new
    > photoessay daily.
    >
    > However, I am in dire need of contributions!
    How much are you paying people to write for you?
    > The site provides some
    > idea of what the concept is about and perhaps will encourage people to
    > contribute or read the photo essays. Feel free to contact me at the
    > site with any queries, suggestions or comments. I look forward to
    > hearing what people think of the project.
    >
    > Well, thanks for reading! If you could spread the word to anyone who
    > might be interested in making a contribution or reading the
    > photoessays, that would be particularly cool.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David
    ShyDavid Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dr Zen Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. #5

    Um well, what Zen wrote was probably a bit too strong. However,
    contributions are donated without a fee. This donation relates to
    permission to publish the essay and photograph on the website.
    Copyright over those materials would remain with the maker. In any
    case, I will not be gaining financially over this website.

    I have changed the project name to 'A Picture's Worth' (although still
    at [url]http://www.1000words.net[/url]) since a concerning number of people have
    thought that 1000 words was the minimum requirement to make a
    contribution. Indeed, it is not. In fact, 1000 words is the maximum.
    What do you think of the name?

    Thanks for the encouragement and I invite you to keep contacting me at
    [email]david1000words.net[/email] with questions, suggestions or advice. It would be
    great to receive some contributions. If you could spread the word to
    anyone you know who might be interested, that would be fantastic. The
    site is viewable (although a draft) and will start showing photoessays
    on the 1st of August.

    Thanks for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    David
    David Guest