Professional Web Applications Themes

A70 Firmware - Photography

Hi, anyone knows where I can download the latest firmware for the A70 ? (cant find it on canon.com) Tx...

  1. #1

    Default A70 Firmware

    Hi,

    anyone knows where I can download the latest firmware for the A70 ? (cant
    find it on canon.com)

    Tx

    Dave Weller Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: A70 Firmware

    tx Jim

    Dave Weller Guest

  3. #3

    Why?
    What `problems` are you hoping to fix?
    The A40 never had a firmware update although it did have a calibration
    adjustment for the auto focus

    Zol.

    "Dave Weller" <nospam_davewieee.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > anyone knows where I can download the latest firmware for the A70 ? (cant
    > find it on canon.com)
    >
    > Tx

    Zol. Guest

  4. #4

    soft picture quality

    Dave Weller Guest

  5. #5

    In article <bf25gq$ae0aq$1ID-199997.news.uni-berlin.de>, Dave Weller
    wrote...
    > soft picture quality

    I doubt that Canon will change. For shots you think need tweaking try the
    following freeware

    [url]http://www.applied-maths.com/paul/photocontrol.zip[/url]

    3rd party tutorial here

    [url]http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/PSTV_photocontrol.html[/url]
    colinco Guest

  6. #6

    While in shooting mode, press FUNC, scroll down to effects and change to
    "Vivid". This will up the saturation and sharpness. Some people want the
    picture printer-ready right out of the camera and thus use the "Vivid"
    effect.

    Others want to do the tweaking in imaging SW where they have more control.
    Some consider this mode "soft."

    Suggestion 2: Shut off 5 point focusing. Too often the camera focuses on a
    part of the picture you didn't intend and results in an out of focus picture
    some call "soft." To select a single focus point (I even did this on my
    10D!), enter Menu and turn off AiAF. I'd suggest this to anyone new to the
    A60/A70 or even 10D -- until they feel comfortable with the controls.

    By the way, I'm convinced that 90% of "focus problems" with the A60/A70/10D
    are caused by the 5 (7 on 10D) auto focusing system.

    Best of luck!

    > soft picture quality

    Don Coon Guest

  7. #7

    Thank You very much Don !

    Btw , is the A70 a good camera for the price ?

    Dave Weller Guest

  8. #8

    I wish we could get a definitive answer on this `soft image` - To be quite
    honest most of my shots come out sharp & clear - the ones which don`t are
    usually due to me being in a hurry to take the shot and jinxing the camera
    when I press the shutter button all the way down. Held steady the camera
    produces some excellent shots ... Zol.

    p.s. Has anybody asked anyone in Canon about the so called `soft image`
    matter ? (Z)

    "Dave Weller" <nospam_davewieee.com> wrote in message
    > soft picture quality

    Zol. Guest

  9. #9

    "Zol." <com>

    quite

    There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
    also had the reputation for being soft.
    Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
    have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.

    image`

    Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
    said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
    office worked fine.

    Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
    or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
    product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
    response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
    _never heard about it_ :-))

    Rich

    Rich Guest

  10. #10

    I`ve just posted an image in the "alt.binaries.photos.original" group taken
    with my A70; "Pilot Request by Zol." - this was even taken with some
    electronic zoom as well - the only thing I did was make sure the camera was
    absolutely steady when it was taken - this shot was taken yesterday ... Zol.

    "Rich" <com> wrote in message
    > quite
    >
    > There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
    > also had the reputation for being soft.
    > Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
    > have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.

    > image`
    >
    > Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
    > said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
    > office worked fine.
    >
    > Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
    > or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
    > product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
    > response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
    > _never heard about it_ :-))
    >
    > Rich
    >
    >[/ref]

    Zol. Guest

  11. #11

    I posted a response/sample as well. I've only owned it a short while, but
    some of my shots have been fantastic.

    cheers,
    Matt.

    "Rich" <com> wrote in message
    > quite
    >
    > There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
    > also had the reputation for being soft.
    > Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
    > have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.

    > image`
    >
    > Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
    > said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
    > office worked fine.
    >
    > Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
    > or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
    > product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
    > response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
    > _never heard about it_ :-))
    >
    > Rich
    >
    >[/ref]

    YeahRight Guest

  12. #12

    Hi, I`ve checked this out - the only suggestion I have is to set your Image
    compression to superfine rather than fine but I love the Image - Zol. :)

    "YeahRight" <com> wrote in message
    > > quite
    > >
    > > There is soft, there's normal and there's eye-piercing. Some films
    > > also had the reputation for being soft.
    > > Mine seem fine to may eye. You could do a little post-processing and
    > > have an eye-piercing look to the pictures.
    > >
    > > image`
    > >
    > > Yes. Asked TS at Canon. They guy, who otherwise seemed intelligent,
    > > said he never heard of it. He added that the one A70 they have in the
    > > office worked fine.
    > >
    > > Take if for what it's worth. Either the TS folks at Canon are stupid,
    > > or play stupid. At least they could read the comments about their new
    > > product on the net and have a ready response. Regardless what that
    > > response would be. Maybe they do read and the _official_ response is
    > > _never heard about it_ :-))
    > >
    > > Rich
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]