Professional Web Applications Themes

? about exporting slices to dreamweaver - Macromedia Fireworks

My question is this: I have an image that has a photograph and some text on it. So I sliced it so that the photo is JPEG and the text is GIF. Now I am new to slicing, but I have gathered that the only way I would be able to use this is as an html file, but what if I want to just insert it as if it were a picture file. I want to put this image on my index.htm page and therefore I don't want it to be an html file. Or, am I being foolish, ...

  1. #1

    Default ? about exporting slices to dreamweaver

    My question is this: I have an image that has a photograph and some text on it. So I sliced it so that the photo is JPEG and the text is GIF. Now I am new to slicing, but I have gathered that the only way I would be able to use this is as an html file, but what if I want to just insert it as if it were a picture file. I want to put this image on my index.htm page and therefore I don't want it to be an html file.

    Or, am I being foolish, and is there a way to just slap this sliced .html file onto my index page in DreamweaverMX?

    BTW I am using FireworksMX. I appreciate any help or opinions, you guys are the best.

    bulldogbrowns webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ? about exporting slices to dreamweaver

    bull:

    Export the slices as graphics. Build the page in DW and reassemble the
    separate graphics slices there.

    Or export the slices as graphics and HTML. In DMX create a page, and use
    INSERT > Interactive Images > Fireworks HTML to bring your slices into the
    page.

    Be aware that FW's HTML can be problematic if you then change the shape of
    the contents of the page by adding more text/graphics in DW. The HTML that
    is written by FW is OK as long as the structure of the page will not change
    much during editing in DW. This is why I recommend using only the graphics
    and building the page in DMX.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "bulldogbrowns" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > My question is this: I have an image that has a photograph and some text
    on it. So I sliced it so that the photo is JPEG and the text is GIF. Now I
    am new to slicing, but I have gathered that the only way I would be able to
    use this is as an html file, but what if I want to just insert it as if it
    were a picture file. I want to put this image on my index.htm page and
    therefore I don't want it to be an html file.

    > Or, am I being foolish, and is there a way to just slap this sliced .html
    file onto my index page in DreamweaverMX?

    > BTW I am using FireworksMX. I appreciate any help or opinions, you guys
    are the best.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    bull: