Juha Kettunen scribbled:
> Hi
>
> I dont know very mutch about Linux , but would like to install it to my
> friends computer (would like to change his win98 to Linux...) so that we
> can share the ntlWorld-cable internet.
Since you admit to not knowing much about GNU/Linux I would recommend the
easiest route for you and your friend to share the Internet connection is
to buy a hardware firewall/gateway/router such as offered by NetGear or
LinkSys and connect your computers to it. The NetGear model allows you to
configure it with the IP address from your ISP or to use DHCP as a client,
and you than assign a static IP address to the internal network - so the
router has the ISP supplied addressed and your own network address
(10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 for example).

<deletia>

--
Free Software Foundation (FSF) Associate Member 499
Linux Counter Statistics: UserID 277671