Professional Web Applications Themes

About SQL error: SQL30081 - IBM DB2

Hi all, i've got a linux server and 4 win client. My server runs db2 v. 7.1 and clients db2 v. 7.0 . Starting two mounths i've see sometimes client gets error: SELE: SQL execution error - Object ID 10046 [IBM][CLIDRIVER][DB2/LINUX] SQL30081N A COMMUNICATION ERROR HAS BEEN DETECTED COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL BEING USED "TCP/IP" COMMUNICATION API BEING USED: "SOCKETS" LOCATION WHERE THE ERROR WAS. But i do not mind what's the problem. Our db2 vendor said this problem is related only to db2 installation. Nothing about programs that are using db2. Who can help me? I need to reinstall all and ...

  1. #1

    Default About SQL error: SQL30081

    Hi all,

    i've got a linux server and 4 win client. My server runs db2 v. 7.1 and
    clients db2 v. 7.0 .

    Starting two mounths i've see sometimes client gets error:

    SELE: SQL execution error - Object ID 10046 [IBM][CLIDRIVER][DB2/LINUX]
    SQL30081N A COMMUNICATION ERROR HAS BEEN DETECTED COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
    BEING USED "TCP/IP" COMMUNICATION API BEING USED: "SOCKETS" LOCATION WHERE
    THE ERROR WAS.

    But i do not mind what's the problem. Our db2 vendor said this problem is
    related only to db2 installation. Nothing about programs that are using db2.

    Who can help me? I need to reinstall all and upgrade my server?

    Regards

    Stefano

    Stefano Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: About SQL error: SQL30081

    "Stefano" <stefanonextgen.it> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >

    > i've got a linux server and 4 win client. My server runs db2 v. 7.1 and
    > clients db2 v. 7.0 .
    >
    > Starting two mounths i've see sometimes client gets error:
    >
    > SELE: SQL execution error - Object ID 10046 [IBM][CLIDRIVER][DB2/LINUX]
    > SQL30081N A COMMUNICATION ERROR HAS BEEN DETECTED COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
    > BEING USED "TCP/IP" COMMUNICATION API BEING USED: "SOCKETS" LOCATION WHERE
    > THE ERROR WAS.
    >
    > But i do not mind what's the problem. Our db2 vendor said this problem is
    > related only to db2 installation. Nothing about programs that are using
    db2.

    > Who can help me? I need to reinstall all and upgrade my server?

    If you look at the article about this error in the Messages Reference, I
    don't see any reason why a client can't have this error. I have included the
    article from my copy of the Messages Reference (DB2 7.2 on Windows) below. I
    would suggest that you follow the advice in the article to resolve the
    problem.

    Your client program doesn't seem to be passing all of the diagnostic
    information back to you so you may need to look in the DB2 error log
    (SQLLIB/db2/db2diag.log) to find those before you can completely solve the
    problem.

    Rhino
    ----------------------------------
    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication
    protocol being used: <protocol>. Communication API being used: <interface>.
    Location where the error was detected: <location>. Communication function
    detecting the error: <function>. Protocol specific error code(s): <rc1>,
    <rc2>, <rc3>.

    Explanation: An error has been detected by the communication subsystem.

    If the connection has already been established, possible causes include the
    following:

    a.. A communication subsystem error at the client node or server node has
    caused the connection to go down.
    b.. A communication subsystem error at the SOCKS server, if one is being
    used, has caused the connection to go down.
    c.. A network error has caused the connection to go down.
    d.. The database agent at the server was forced off by the system
    administrator.
    e.. The database agent at the server was terminated due to an abnormal
    termination of a key database manager process.
    If you are trying to establish a new connection, possible causes include the
    following:

    a.. The remote database server has not been cataloged correctly at the
    client.
    b.. The database manager configuration file at the server has not been
    configured with the proper communication parameters.
    c.. The communication subsystem at the client node or server node has not
    been configured correctly, or has not been started successfully.
    d.. The communication subsystem at the SOCKS server, if one is being used,
    has not been configured correctly, or has not been started successfully.
    e.. The DB2COMM environment variable at the server doesn't specify the
    communication protocol used by the client.
    f.. The database manager at the server has not been started, or has not
    been started successfully. One or more of the communication protocols
    specified by DB2COMM may not have been successfully started.
    Refer to the token values for details. Depending on the protocol being used
    and the communication function invoked, some tokens may not be applicable.
    The following is the explanation of the token values:

    <protocol>
    The actual communication protocol being used. Valid token values are:
    a.. TCP/IP
    b.. APPC
    c.. NETBIOS
    d.. IPX/SPX

    <interface>
    The application programming interface used to invoke the above
    communication protocol services. Valid token values are:
    a.. SOCKETS
    b.. SOCKS
    c.. CPI-C
    d.. DLR or DD
    e.. TLI or Connection/Bindery

    <location>
    This is a protocol specific ID which uniquely identifies the node that
    detected the error. If the protocol being used is:
    a.. TCP/IP
    The format of the ID is the Internet address in dot notation.

    b.. APPC
    The format of the ID is the fully qualified LU name (networkID.LUname).

    c.. NETBIOS
    The format of the ID is the Workstation name (nname).

    d.. IPX/SPX
    The format of the ID is the network address and node address in
    hexadecimal notation (network.node).

    If the location information is not available at the time that the error
    occurred, this token is not filled in.

    <function>
    The name of the communication subsystem function that returned the error
    code(s).

    <rc1>, <rc2>, <rc3>
    The list of the available error codes and subcodes that are specific to
    each protocol being used. Tokens that are not applicable contain "*".
    If the protocol being used is:

    a.. TCP/IP

    a.. If present, <rc1> contains the global errno value from the TCP/IP
    sockets function call. When using Windows Sockets, if present, <rc1>
    contains the error from the TCP/IP sockets function call returned by
    WSAGetLastError().
    b.. If present, <rc2> contains the global h_errno value from the
    TCP/IP database function call. When using Windows Sockets, if present, <rc2>
    contains the error from the TCP/IP database function call returned by
    WSAGetLastError().
    c.. If <rc3> is present and contains "0", it means that the TCP/IP
    connection has been closed. This could be caused by one of the following:
    a.. The database agent at the server was forced off by the system
    administrator.
    b.. A database agent could not be started at the server because the
    maxagents database manager configuration parameter has been exceeded. Check
    the First Failure Service Log (DB2DIAG.LOG) at the server to see if an error
    message has been logged.
    c.. The database agent at the server was terminated due to an
    abnormal termination of a key database manager process.
    Note: When using Windows Sockets, if the <function> is WSAStartup,
    and <rc1> is 0, then <rc2> contains the Windows Sockets Specification
    version level requested by DB2, and <rc3> contains the Windows Sockets
    Specification version level supported by the Windows Sockets DLL.

    b.. APPC
    <rc1> contains the return code from the CPI-C function. If present,
    <rc2> contains the global errno value from the CPI-C function call. <rc3> is
    not applicable.

    c.. NETBIOS
    <rc1> contains the return code from the call to NetBIOS. <rc2> and <rc3>
    are not applicable.

    d.. IPX/SPX
    <rc1> contains the global t_errno value from the call to TLI Services,
    or the return code from the call to NetWare Connection or Bindery Services.
    If the <rc1> t_errno is TLOOK, <rc2> contains the TLI event that has
    occurred. If the <rc2> event is T_DISCONNECT, <rc3> contains the disconnect
    reason code. On AIX, if the <rc1> t_errno is TSYSERR, <rc3> contains the
    system errno (defined in sys/errno.h). If <rc1> contains the error return
    code from a call to AIX NetWare Connection or Bindery Services, <rc2>
    contains the error generator.

    See the Communications Errors appendix of the Messages Reference for more
    information on specific communication error codes.

    User Response:

    If the connection has already been established, check if:

    1.. The database agent at the server has been forced off.
    2.. The database manager at the server has abnormally terminated.
    3.. A communication subsystem or network error has occurred. See the
    Messages Reference for more information on specific communication error
    codes.
    If you are trying to establish a new connection, check if:

    1.. The remote database server is cataloged properly on the client node.
    2.. The database manager configuration file at the server is configured
    with the proper communication related parameters. If the database manager
    configuration parameters have been updated at the server, ensure that you
    stop and then re-start the database manager, for the changes to take effect.
    3.. The communication subsystems on both client and server nodes are
    configured and started up properly.
    4.. The DB2COMM environment variable at the server specifies the
    communication protocol used by the client.
    5.. The database manager at the server is successfully started. Start
    database manager processing at the server should have returned SQL1063, and
    not SQL5043. If SQL5043 is returned, check the First Failure Service Log
    (DB2DIAG.LOG) for more information.
    6.. A communication subsystem or network error has occurred.
    If the problem persists, consult with your network administrator and/or
    communication expert to determine the cause of the problem using the set of
    tokens provided.

    sqlcode: -30081

    sqlstate: 08001

    Rhino Guest